Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Inconsiderate bikers are endangering all of us!  (Read 1212 times)

forex618

Re: Inconsiderate bikers are endangering all of us!
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 11:04:44 am »
yes yes yes !!! the real term "biker" is returning as feared and hated by all ..... the way I like it  :pot: mess with me and i will not get mad , just even...... other softy bikers will be forced out of the "club" :pot:

Yeah enough of this soft-cock PC, ostrich considerate, polite, law abiding shite.

Bring back the days of old. Bikers were feared and had no helmets.

Offline Grootseun

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 11:04:57 am »
funny how the cagers still gooi at 100km/h in the second from right hand lane with the 2 other lanes wide open on Gautengs brand spanking new 4 and 5 lane highways...

grates me to no end.

as for lanesplitting in the left lane....how the farking hell else do you take the offramp???

Offline Grootseun

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 11:05:41 am »
yes yes yes !!! the real term "biker" is returning as feared and hated by all ..... the way I like it  :pot: mess with me and i will not get mad , just even...... other softy bikers will be forced out of the "club" :pot:

Yeah enough of this soft-cock PC, ostrich considerate, polite, law abiding shite.

i even have a tatoo!!!!

but i refuse to wear leather....

Offline SteveKLE

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLE 500
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 01:10:55 pm »
On a mates bakkie "Think Bike twatwaffle"

Offline badballie

• Macum Amicum Est
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • www.bikersagainstdrugs.co.za
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 01:28:10 pm »

Goodie two shoes PC have gotten us nowehere - them cagers gotta start shaking in their socks when they see a bike coming  >:D  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
Cash, Gas or Ass............ no-one rides for free :-)

I did it because I can, I can because I want to and I want to because you said that I couldn't !!!!!!!

KobusL

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 01:29:56 pm »
Now all we need to end of the week is someone starting a new thread about BMW riders not greeting them  :peepwall:

Online Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 02:02:46 pm »
On a mates bakkie "Think Bike twatwaffle"

As in pussy, I presume...
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline PG

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2010, 08:52:30 am »
funny how the cagers still gooi at 100km/h in the second from right hand lane with the 2 other lanes wide open on Gautengs brand spanking new 4 and 5 lane highways...

grates me to no end.

as for lanesplitting in the left lane....how the farking hell else do you take the offramp???

Maklik, maak soos 'n mooi groot seun, sit jou flikker aan gaan na die linker baan en vat die offramp.

Offline Dreyer

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT600
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 09:15:00 am »
traffic circles are getting a bit messy.seems they were on a sale here in EC cause in pe and EL they are popping up like bossies. the problem is...when is it a mini circle,and when a normal circle,which has different rules.i havn't seen any of the new circles with sighns stating it's a mini circle,but,aparently all of them are?

people do not know the rules of the road because they think the learners is only there to get a license.once the learners is over,everything escapes their puny minds.its the of the future.same happens in schools. they learn to get the paper,not to gain the knowlege,and thus puts every one in danger.

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2010, 11:18:19 am »
All circles have the same rule... yield to traffic to the right of you!
Here is a simple interactive guide to all those that have doubts;
http://www.arrivealive.co.za/pages.aspx?i=2163

Really... I do not know why it is so confusing at all! If one follows the basic rule of yielding to RH traffic it goes very smoothly as one vehicle slots in behind the other... the problem is they either hurtle down on the circle or bekruip it it in hesitant uncertainty.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 11:25:25 am by RobC »

Offline JC

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2010, 12:40:40 pm »

Really... I do not know why it is so confusing at all! If one follows the basic rule of yielding to RH traffic it goes very smoothly as one vehicle slots in behind the other... the problem is they either hurtle down on the circle or bekruip it it in hesitant uncertainty.

even with reading arrivealive we get it wrong

circle:yield to RH traffic

mini-circle: like a 4 STOP (not yielding to RH traffic)  "shall yield right of way to any vehicle which will cross any yield line at such junction before him"

Offline BruceS

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Saving the sump
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2010, 07:47:09 pm »

I'm mostly a lurker in these parts....but you are wrong. Seriously. :peepwall:.  Cloudgazer is correct.
There are two traffic circles in Cape Town where incoming traffic has right of way. When I did my test (a long time ago :-)) the road sign used to denote these circles was part of the test. The sign is a yellow square, with a white border,  standing on one of the four corners (as per second row, third from the left here: http://www.trafficsigns.co.za/pdfs/warn_info.pdf). The one circle is near Paradise Motors, just off the M3 heading into Claremont, and I believe the other is in Paarden Island or Epping, but I'm not sure. The incoming right of way only applies to two of the four roads entering the Claremont circle.
1982 Yamaha IT175 (Sold), 1981 Yamaha XT500, 1995 BMW R100GS PD Classic, 2008 KTM 200 XCW (Sold), 1981 BMW R100RS, 2007 BMW G650 X-Challenge (Sold), 2008 BMW G650 X-Challenge Rallye

Offline Jacko

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
  • "Don't be a hater, yo." Riaan Cruywagen
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2010, 08:26:14 pm »

even with reading arrivealive we get it wrong

circle:yield to RH traffic

mini-circle: like a 4 STOP (not yielding to RH traffic)  "shall yield right of way to any vehicle which will cross any yield line at such junction before him"

Both have the same effect: The vehicle in the circle has right of way.
"The test of a man is not the forum nor the field; not the marketplace nor the amen corner, but at his own fireside. There he lays aside his mask, and you may judge whether he be imp or angel, king or cur, hero or humbug." -  William Cowper Brann

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 07:05:06 pm »
Try driving in a country with right hand driving for a while and then go into a circle - Always gets the locals back in RSA every time when you enter it on the right!  ;) :biggrin:
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline XRV-Boy

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • "Die Swart Gevaar"
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 07:15:07 pm »
We just need to face the fact that the average driver in Sa does not know his arse from his elbow, and if it's some poppie in dadies BIG expensive Merc excuse for a 4x4 then she is probably doing one of the following things while tring to comprehend the intiricacy of driving a car on the road: Talking on her phone to either her: beutician, mother, girlfriends, doing her nails, trying to find something in her handbag, straightening her hair :deal:

And if its an oke in a Beemer or Audi (normaly a M3 or RS4) he's concentrating very hard on trying to look  cool in an effort to make up for his lack of personality and small penis size :deal:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 07:16:44 pm by XRV-Boy »
Look matey, I know a dead parrot when I see one, and Im looking at one right now!

Offline Jacko

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
  • "Don't be a hater, yo." Riaan Cruywagen
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 07:31:45 pm »
'n Goeie biker is soos 'n goeie stuk wors - hy moet 'n bietjie vark in hom he.
"The test of a man is not the forum nor the field; not the marketplace nor the amen corner, but at his own fireside. There he lays aside his mask, and you may judge whether he be imp or angel, king or cur, hero or humbug." -  William Cowper Brann

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 07:44:55 pm »
1 or 2 people might be out to get bikers but in general most people on the road is not out to get you - they just cant drive, make mistakes, etc

today for example - not on the bike driving along in my folks toyota condor, that thing is as big as a truck, in the middle lane

little to almost no traffic

idiot in the fast lanes just start to turn in - no looking nothing they just turn in - so i get on the hooter as there is a truck in the slow lane

the guy janks the car back - almost rolling it

now if he cant see a toyota condor how will he see a bike or a scooter ???

Offline Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Wiff a Sidecar... form Kabega
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 10:18:25 pm »
I've been riding for what I think is a long time and take riding safely and educating others to do so very seriously. It scares me shitless when I see these youngsters on scooters whizz through traffic as if they're invincible. It seems to me as if they don't get any education before they get on their scooters. If they survive long enough they will remain rude bikers unfortunately.
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !