A Richtersveld week!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johan14

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
This trip was originally planned for two man Wolf Pack, my dad and Oom Collin. They were scheduled to leave on the 11th of September and shoot threw to Worcester, ware they would spend the night at Oom Eaton’s new house and sommer have n “dak nat maak”. As things developed, I put in leave to join them and so did Oom Eaton. The two man Wolf Pack grew by two, it was now a four man Wolf Pack, in search of dust and dirt. Those of you that watched The Hangover will understand.

We were going to the Richtersveld, for a week of riding. This was a place that I have never seen before and I was extremely exited to take my Dakar 650 on my first long trip.

We stayed in Springbok for most of the time and rode out from there, witch turned out to be a great idea.

• Springbok
• Nababeep
• Okiep
• Hondeklipbaai
• Kleinsee
• Port Nolloth
• Alexanderbaai
• Steinkopf
• Kamieskroon
• Garies

These are all places that we wanted to pay a visit.

Saturday arrived and the trip started. My dad and Oom Collin left Gouritsmond accompanied by Charl and Martin on their 1200 Adventures. They were coming for the “dak nat maak

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Some stops along they way.

Back at home I was all set and ready to leave Gordonsbay.

I was going via Sir Lowry’s Pass on the N2; taking the Grabouw turn of on to the R321 to Worcester via the R43 threw Villiersdorp.

I unfortunately ran into some trouble just as my journey started. Up Sir Lowry’s Pass my chain decided to come of.

Lucky for me, no damage was done and I was able to get everything back to normal, after having to unpack my mike bike, witch I just packed!!!

All went well and I soon met up with me lovely girlfriend, Chrisna in Villiersdorp. She came from Paarl to say goodbye, sweet hey!

From there I had a nice ride to Worcester via some Prison next to Brandvleidam. I had to do some dirt roads. It comes out between Rawsonville and Worcester.

I arrived there shortly after the others and we had to take all the bikes for a spin around the block.

The braai started and after we all ate it ended. As we were getting ready for bed, Oom Eaton had a trip down memory lane with his CCR and Dire Straits, playing it loud enough for the whole complex to enjoy. Before I forget, he met the legend him self Charlie Boorman!!!!

The following morning I was all pumped up and ready to get the show on the road. The last things were packed, we hooked the trailer and off we were.

This is ware I sat, on the way to Springbok!

I am not sure, but I think this was close to Ceres up a Pass.

Some nice scenery

The bike were giving us some trouble on the back of the trailer but that was sorted out by me, haha

Some more nice scenery

Here we are in Garies after out breakfast in Klawer. May dad’s bike gave us some more problems. Guess I did not sort the problem out as well as I thought originally.

I just have to show that the Garies tourist office was closed. Sorry Pieter, ek kon nie jou badge kry nie.

After a drive filled with some joke I never though I would tell my dad we arrived in Springbok Caravan Park, our bivouac for the trip. The bikes that came a long for the trip:
• Oom Collin XT 500
• Oom Eaton BMW 1100 GS
• My Dad KLR 650
• My bike Dakar 650

That night we had some KFC talked some crap and got in bed. I am sure we were all exited for the days to come.

Our first day took us on the R355 that turned out to be the Boesmanland Highway that takes us to Gamoep.

This was a great road and something I have never experienced before.

I am pretty sure that the XT never experienced road like this as well, because the right rear shock decided it does need oil in side it any more, but rather on its rim.

A nice Pa en seun photo.

The guys having a smoke.

Here we had a stop in the shade and a drink of water on our way to Kamieskroon.

These were some of the nicest roads going down to Kamieskroon.

In Kamieskroon we stopped for some cold drinks and on our way out we stopped for some kaaskoek at Kuiervreugde Coffee Shop. Here we met a nice German couple oh their way to Namibia. They later stayed in the same Caravan Park as us in Springbok.

The way back to Springbok took us on one of the nicest roads of the week.

To be continued…