Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: CABC community ride reports thread  (Read 8961 times)

Offline weskus

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Vrek gewerk!!
Re: CABC community ride reports thread
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2010, 12:19:17 pm »
more...
Vorige scooters : Suzuki TS 185, Honda CD 200, Suzuki PE 250, Kawasaki Z650, Yamaha 495 IT, Kawasaki KLX 300, BMW F 650 GS Dakar, BMW F 800 GS, KDX200, KTM300, Suzuki GSXR1000, Honda CD200, tans KTM 990 Adv - toer,  KTM 300 XCW- funrides, KTM 1290 Superduke teerpad en Buff toe & Honda CX500 Custom - bar toe..

Offline weskus

• Vrek gewerk!!
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2010, 12:21:24 pm »
and the mud.... and the last was almost an action photo, freak het my vermaak met long slong donuts en wanneer ek lag l ek nie vr van daar...
Vorige scooters : Suzuki TS 185, Honda CD 200, Suzuki PE 250, Kawasaki Z650, Yamaha 495 IT, Kawasaki KLX 300, BMW F 650 GS Dakar, BMW F 800 GS, KDX200, KTM300, Suzuki GSXR1000, Honda CD200, tans KTM 990 Adv - toer,  KTM 300 XCW- funrides, KTM 1290 Superduke teerpad en Buff toe & Honda CX500 Custom - bar toe..

Offline Rynet

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2010, 12:22:54 pm »
Thanks for starting the thread Cassie. Love the name Community Ride ! it was a lekker community of riders hey  :3some: What a fabulous event , thanks Horsepower and Milady for a great job organising.  U even outdid yourselves from last year.   :thumleft: :thumleft: Thanks to the recce riders , Dan the man, SteveO, PeterO etc , for planning the the lekker outrides . I particularly enjoyed the Saturday fast Orange ride on the lovely Attaskloof Pass with DanTheMan,  man those guys can ride ,  DanTheMan , Attie and that Big guy on the Super Ten who works at Helderberg Yamaha , amazing  :o 

Thanks to the sponsors , Wild@Heart ,  Xtreme Fitness Centre ,Rooiberg winery etc , and to the Rooiberg Lodge for being excellent hosts ,and such good sports.  Thanks to everyone who attended to make this a great event . I made some lekker new friends , in particular EarthTone Boy and GroenMamba on their Green KLR's , I was very impressed with the KLR's ability.  :thumleft:  It was good to see the Southern Cape boy'tjies again , Cassie, TR, Waverider,his Higness the Awesomeness Oom Berm Rooster  , etc :3some: Thanks to everyone for making me laugh , Heimer , Weskus , Cassie  and others, and for that special community feeling we all enjoyed over the week-end .  :thumleft: :thumleft::3some: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Its impossible, said pride. Its risky, said experience. 

Its pointless, said reason. Give it a try, whispered the heart.

Offline weskus

• Vrek gewerk!!
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2010, 12:22:55 pm »
en ons kampplek by Skurweberg...

Offline weskus

• Vrek gewerk!!
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2010, 12:24:32 pm »
Some on the road from Sutherlang towards Lainsburg...

Offline weskus

• Vrek gewerk!!
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2010, 12:27:11 pm »
And some @ the venue..

Offline Wolfmother

• Bike: Mars (all models)
  • Honda CRF250X not in list, Mars sounded cool.
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2010, 12:28:13 pm »
Pics:

Thursday:

Friday red route:

Friday skills challenge:

Sunset:

Altus selling his bags to me:

Saturday red route:

Saturday skills challenge:

Video's on the way!

Offline weskus

• Vrek gewerk!!
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2010, 12:31:39 pm »
Skills...

Offline weskus

• Vrek gewerk!!
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2010, 12:49:30 pm »
Or the lack thereof... :laughing4:

Offline KAT-WP

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2010, 01:10:58 pm »
Lotsa good skills pics there, thx for posting :thumleft:  Looks like u guys & girls had a blast ;D

Offline Rynet

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2010, 01:21:53 pm »
Thanks for posting fotos Weskus and Wolfmother .  :thumleft:  The Skills Challenge was the highlight of the week-end.  A HUGE big thanks to Chris Hamman and his team for making two perfect courses . The Friday challenge was fairly easy- to accomodate every one of the 44 riders - ,and the Saturday one was extremely tough , for the 20 finalists , the real pros :thumleft: . I told Chris H that I wanted to report him to the Anti -Cruelty league for puting those poor finalists through so much !  :mwink: :imaposer:

The finals was not for sissies. If you were not a very experienced rider with a high level of stamina and fitness you were just not going to make it. It started with doing a circle in puppy slush thick mud around a cone , then up on a hill doing 2 full circles in a tight square on a steep incline , more tight circles down in a marsh, an elephant turn , up and down a steep , narrow hill , tight cones, walking aroung the bike with one hand behind the back , a very tight turn , then over a narrow bridge, through two poles, over some more poles , and a very tight track in between thorn trees on a steep incline with loose rocks , then pick up a rock and take it some way to another drum, and then more circles at a stage where the average man would have given up . Then the big finale, riding across a nearly impossibly difficult mudbath in front of a horde of screaming spectators. Whilst the mud was certainly the most spectacular to watch ,I am glad that I went to the trouble of running in between the mud and the rest of the challenge to view nearly each of the 20 finalists do the near impossible. Well done to each and all of the finalists , you were wonderful  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Offline Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • Mommy Fairy :)
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2010, 01:29:53 pm »
sjoe! dit lyk sommer soos lekker pret!
"Don't let your ice cream melt while you're counting somebody else's sprinkles."

Offline JO GSA

• Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • XT660R Wheeeeeeeee......
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2010, 01:35:30 pm »
Ek dink eks volgende jaar ook daar...
a Great man is known by how he treats people that can't do anything for him.
Curry Blake

It's all good, all of the time.
Johan Smith

Offline Rynet

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2010, 01:56:31 pm »
Well done to Mr Big for coming first in the Skills Challenge.   :blob9: :blob3: I always knew you were a good rider, but watching you cream that near impossible course increased my admiration and respect for your riding ability no end  .  :drif: You rode with such steadyness, calmness and hardly put a foot wrong.  You did well in all the areas, unlike most people who did better in some areas than others . And on a Thumper too :thumleft:

Congratulations Michiel who came second,  dancing through the course with finesse, making it look easy. That KLR is not just a pretty bike and you take it to a new level :mwink: .Kudos to Joint Third place DanTheMan defeating gravity on the Big 1200 Adventure, especially the deep and thick muddy sections which were not kind to the Big Bmw 800's and 1200's . :thumleft:

I also particularly enjoyed seeing guys ride whom I had not see in action before , but heard about. Marchant , a Country Trax Instructor , who came joint third on his HP2 , WOW is all I can say  ;D. And Fender Bender ( 5th)  also on the HP2, with the tiger on his back ,I am not sure where that man learnt to ride but it cannot be on this planet. :o The rest of you guys missed what magic this man did on the hill doing the cones and the track in the hills. Respect Dude  :hello2: And then my biggest bouquet must go to Weskus who came 6th :angel8: :angel8: .  If not for his bad luck for getting stuck in the mud exiting the course I am convinced he could have won . He rode with a near impossible finesse considering that he was on probably the most difficult DS bike to do slow riding with , the GS800 ( the yellow one on the fotos) . But what a man  :3some:,  the rest of you missed seeing him ride that cones and the track with such beauty and skill and absolute perfection I nearly had tears in my eys, well done , you were poetry in motion  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 02:50:52 pm by Rynet »

Offline Rynet

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2010, 02:36:34 pm »
Ok here is me with my verbal diarhiea again  :imaposer: I just wanted to add, well done to young Robin Rathbone for riding so well in the finals on his KTM 250 2 stroke , he is only 16 and boy can he ride :o  :thumleft: and also well done to Groen Mamba for doing a very apt final on his KLR and specifically for performing a flawless mud exit in the near dark, as he was the last finalist to take part. :thumleft: :thumleft:

Offline whitefish

• Steek hom Steyntjie!!
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Leef jou drome.
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2010, 02:38:23 pm »
Jis ek is spyt ek het dit gemis, well done aan almal, sal nie weer mis nie :thumleft:
You only live once, and if you do it right, once is enough!!

Vorige bikes: Kawasaki KX 250, KX500, CR250, 1150 adv,KTM 950 SE, VSTROM 1000, XR 650, XR 600, Blackbird, Hayabusa, GSXR 750, KDX200, Katana 650, GSXR 250, CB 750F, LTZ 400, YFZ 450, Blaster, 700 Raptor, Africa Twin, ZX-14, F800GS, TRX 450, TW200, KTM 990 R, KTM 990 R, KTM 990 R, KTM 1190 R, BMW 1200 GSA, KTM 990 R.

Offline Rynet

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2010, 02:41:53 pm »
I was so proud to be a Wilddog this week-end , we were only about 30 active wilddogs ( I guess ? ) out of the 142 riders and 5 of the first 6 places in the skills challenge went to wilddogs !!!  :thumleft::thumleft: :thumleft:, how amazing is that  :3some:
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 02:43:35 pm by Rynet »

Offline Abu

• Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2010, 04:49:15 pm »
Thanks to Hennie and his team for a great weekend.
I will be there next year.
This was the first time that I have been to an event such as this and the thing that made a lasting impression was that a group with, amongst others:
a wide range of skills
a wide range of riding experience
a wide range of wealth
a wide range of age
 could get together without airs and graces and little cliques being formed.
Congratulations to all who were there and long may this spirit last.
Thank you

Offline Dustdevil

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2010, 05:09:07 pm »
Well done to Mr Big for coming first in the Skills Challenge.   :blob9: :blob3: I always knew you were a good rider, but watching you cream that near impossible course increased my admiration and respect for your riding ability no end  .  :drif: You rode with such steadyness, calmness and hardly put a foot wrong.  You did well in all the areas, unlike most people who did better in some areas than others . And on a Thumper too :thumleft:

Congratulations Michiel who came second,  dancing through the course with finesse, making it look easy. That KLR is not just a pretty bike and you take it to a new level :mwink: .Kudos to Joint Third place DanTheMan defeating gravity on the Big 1200 Adventure, especially the deep and thick muddy sections which were not kind to the Big Bmw 800's and 1200's . :thumleft:

I also particularly enjoyed seeing guys ride whom I had not see in action before , but heard about. Marchant , a Country Trax Instructor , who came joint third on his HP2 , WOW is all I can say  ;D. And Fender Bender ( 5th)  also on the HP2, with the tiger on his back ,I am not sure where that man learn to ride but it cannot be on this planet. :o The rest of you guys missed what magic this man did on the hill doing the cones and the track in the hills. Respect Dude  :hello2: And then my biggest bouquet must go to Weskus who came 6th :angel8: :angel8: .  If not for his bad luck for getting stuck in the mud exiting the course I am convinced he could have won . He rode with a near impossible finesse considering that he was on probably the most difficult DS bike to do slow riding with , the GS800 ( the yellow one on the fotos) . But what a man  :3some:,  the rest of you missed seeing him ride that cones and the track with such beauty and skill and absolute perfection I nearly had tears in my eyes, well done , you were poetry in motion  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Rynet you did well yourself on the first day of the skills challenge and I think it will be great if they would have a ladies category. I believe this will get more of the girls involved.

Offline HP FREAK

• Jy moet FOKUS my kind
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2010, 05:59:41 pm »
Hel manne veels geluk dit moes flippen lekker gewees het ,ek sal verseker nie volgende jaar wil mis nie ,al moet ek al die pad van die vrystaat af. +10000  :thumleft:
BMW HP2 Enduro "SOLD"
BMW R1200GS Adventure "SOLD"
BMW G450X "SOLD"
BMW R80 CAFE RACERS