A convertable bike? SE to Superduke, HP2 to Adventure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeahbaby

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I really dig my 990 Adv, but shamefully I have been casting a lustful eye at the 950se, and then secretly get aroused when I see a Superduke, nursing a semi at the white and olive (babyshit green)  they have Proaction, all three have different flavours and do really well in certain areas. Sometimes I just want blast on dirt roads with no destination in mind, and sometimes want to rip through a tarred pass, the 990 Adv has talent in both scenarios but the dialed in half sister awaits to ridden, showing to all how it is done - a man has needs. :3some:

Now how difficult would it be to create a base bike, and different kits you can buy to convert your bike to whatever flavour. The kits would/could consist of wheels (with tyres disks and sprockets), front sprocket, handlebars (?), front disk caliper blanks (so you can run one disk) and possibly include a caliper mounts with different dimensions to cater for larger disk (SM models), petrol tanks, maybe seats, even engine mappings. I suppose you would have to make provisions for geometry changes, but I am sure it can be done. The base bike new would cost say R120000 and then depending on the kit you take, the price would increase. This way you buy the kit to change bikes and not an entire bike. If you feel like a change you could either convert yourself, or send it in to be done for a fee.

I think there is more sense in hoping one owner potentially buying three kits for a base bike than there is in one owner buying three bikes.

BMW could easily do the same thing with model lineup, they have a similar offerings that are derived from each other, to have an HP2 for today's outride and an Adventure next week's long weekend would be awesome.

What do you think?