Music on your ride?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Du Plessis

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Hey dogz!

I have a question about how you listen to your music while you ride, and specifically about what gadgets are inside your helmet.

From what I have seen so far, it seems the only way to listen to music is to have those little speakers attached to the inside of your helmet.  But that seems illogical to me due to the wind noise?  Perhaps it's just my helmet, but the wind noise is quite loud to me, and I'm sure it will damage my hearing in the long run, so I almost always ride with earplugs.  Now you have to add to that wind noise your music (and remove the earplugs of course), which you will obviously have to crank up to beat the wind noise.  The end result is a cacophony of wind noise + Metallica = bad hearing after a few trips.

What am I missing? Do any of you use in-ear earphones that don't get pulled out of whack when you place/remove your helmet? Maybe my helmet is just bad?  (I use a Zeus helmet of which you can pull up the entire front/bottom part over your face (not just the visor).  This comes in handy when you wear glasses like me.

Please help!