Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Went Fishin....  (Read 723 times)

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
Re: Went Fishin....
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 03:20:55 pm »
The Rocky packed and ready to leave:

Haaaaayyyyy

You've also got a Rocky!

I thought I was the only one around for miles!

Looks exactly the same.  What mileage are you on?  Some of my friends and family dont understand why I like the car so much.  :biggrin:  They keep asking when I'm going to get a "proper" 4x4.  Little do they know....

Nice one :thumleft:
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline JohnST

Re: Went Fishin....
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 07:57:59 am »
Nice photies  ;D

A few years ago I lost a canoe at Cradock weir - 3 pieces  >:(  I remember the first time I went down the weir as a Saturday afternoon and as I wanted to climb out of the water, there was this "visser tannie sonder tande en 'n bottel wyn" with a dog much bigger than a normal lion.  Quikly I had to decide - weir or eaten alive   :laughing4:

Saltpans Rapid also took me once or twice by surprise  :biggrin: Thought I'll die that day and I was very much surprised to see that there was water left in the river - thought it went all into my stomach  ;D  Baie water gesluk daai dag  . . . . .

I also took my kids down the Marlow shoot and every time I'll worry what if something goes wrong (we used to paddle from Marlow Cause Way to town) and then they'll shout:  "Do it again dad".  Needless to say - I was as deaf as a kwartel  :mwink:

Ja - good old days.

Thanks, must say I'm chuffed that I have yet to swim at Cradock Weir..... "touch wood"

I just can not get over the difference between Soutpans any day and Soutpans on Race Day.... the water release makes it a MONSTER!!

Marlow is a lekker shoot, it catches people out on the race as it is 70km into the event so the paddlers are tired...

The Rocky packed and ready to leave:

Haaaaayyyyy

You've also got a Rocky!

I thought I was the only one around for miles!

Looks exactly the same.  What mileage are you on?  Some of my friends and family dont understand why I like the car so much.  :biggrin:  They keep asking when I'm going to get a "proper" 4x4.  Little do they know....

Nice one :thumleft:

Yeh I love my Rocky! I wrestled it off KilRoy on the forum. She has 146 000km on and the only thing ever had to be done was the Thermo stat and that was now after the long trip I had. She is an "yster"!  Going to Hennops again this Saturday to show some buddies in their Prado's what my "klein" 4x4 can do!!   :thumleft:
Bakkie hater!!