the XR125L thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Ganjora

a few of us have got these little bikes.  time for a dedicated thread/repository for all the info and tips.

got just over 650km on mine now,  and have enjoyed each one of them.  it's like a trip back in time to the 'nifty fifty'.  did an off road adventure last weekend with the DR650 boys,  and the XR kept up through the very tight stuff.  the stock suspension is actually not that bad (i suppose if you can fit 3 chinese and 20 chickens it must be fairly tough).  front brake is a 2 pot caliper,  so combined with the light weight of only 120kg,  the bike can stop too.

so far ive bridged out the clutch switch and removed the sidestand switch completely.  under the left side cover there is a green plug,  clip on the bike side,  solder and heat shrink into oblivion.  also trimmed the tail end so that you can see much more of the wheel from behind - looks much more 'off road-ish'.

i see that the service intervals are every 300km after the initial 1000km service.  valves check @ 1000km then every second service.

anyone got a link to the service manual???