Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Canon Selphy printer  (Read 284 times)

Offline AntonW

• Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
Canon Selphy printer
« on: October 06, 2010, 04:57:00 pm »
I have been reading RR where people are travelling to remote areas and taking photo of the locals and are only able to show them the pic on the display on the camera. I was thinking what a nice thing to do if you carried a printer you could give them a post card size print.

These people give you water, food, accommodation and you could give them something real nice in return. Think about a family portrait would mean to them.

Just an idea
Henry Kissinger is said to have once opined that "academic debates are so bitter because the stakes are so low.

" It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you
realise that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence "

Offline ThinkMike

• 2-wheel Addiction
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Not now honey, I'm Riding
    • Southern Africa Aventure Trips
Re: Canon Selphy printer
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 08:55:59 am »
One of the RR I read on ADVrider, the guys took ther normal Cameras plus they took a polaroid and did exactly that, gave the locals pics there and then. Probably the best "present" they could ask for.

Didnt even know Palaroids were still around!
Sorry Babe I am still riding.

Offline AntonW

• Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
Re: Canon Selphy printer
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 02:44:32 pm »
You can still get polaroid at a cost. The canon printer does great pics at less than R10 a print and is about the size of a big polariod camera.

On the subject of polariod I have a protrait of myself taken on polariod which if I rememder correctly is 26" by 28". At the time I was told that there were on 16 cameras in the world made for this format. The quality is amazing. Luckly I did not have to pay for it, craazy money per sheet.
Henry Kissinger is said to have once opined that "academic debates are so bitter because the stakes are so low.

" It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you
realise that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence "