When the Kalahari comes to Beemer Man.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brakenjan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
Last year I was lucky enough to get my hands on an R80GS Kalahari. The bike was bought new in 1997 by an elderly Cape Town doctor, who last year decided to sell it as he was moving house and had space restrictions. I got in touch with him via a friend of a friend and jumped at the opportunity.

The good doctor wasn’t into putting loads of miles on the bike (only 26k km in 13 years). Unfortunately, the doctor and Cape Town weather also weren't into keeping the bike rust free. It wasn’t too bad but the exhaust, rims and spokes were badly corroded. This had to be fixed as I am fairly meticulous in maintaining my bikes. So, I bought myself a few tubes of Autosol and cotton gloves and spent one Sunday trying to get rid of the rust. After a few hours of polishing it looked almost no better. I was obviously not doing it right and had to get some professional help….  :mad:

Enter our resident bling master, the great Beemer Man. I dropped the bike off at his place a few weeks ago with the brief to give the Kalahari the love and attention she deserves. This is the result of his handy work. It became much more than just the wheels and the exhaust and there probably isn’t a spot on the bike that did not receive some Beemer Man love.

The unveiling:

DSC00165.jpg

Check out them headers:

DSC00166.jpg

Aint she purty?

DSC00175.jpg

The mark of a dog. Thanks C!

DSC00168.jpg

And finally, the two legends together:

DSC00169.jpg

Craig, thanks again for an awesome job. You da man!!!  :thumleft:   :biggrin:   :ricky: