Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: HP2 / 950SE  (Read 3039 times)

Offline Jacko

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
  • "Don't be a hater, yo." Riaan Cruywagen
Re: HP2 / 950SE
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2010, 08:36:11 pm »
The SE is like those Sc-Fi movies where they somehow link a a whole mechanical system (especially a throttle with the throttle reasons of a squirrel on coke and link it to a frothingly rabid two cylinder motor that sounds like a large calibre Gatling gun at point blank range, directly into the synapses of your brain and let the whole system rev like a old RX7 with polished ports..... yes that is about how it is - no - sorry , thats EXACTLY how it is!

THIS, my friend, is Pullitzer-grade writing! Fark, I laughed. Really funny and well-written.  :thumleft:

Then I damned you to a Nazi gas chamber!  :biggrin:
"The test of a man is not the forum nor the field; not the marketplace nor the amen corner, but at his own fireside. There he lays aside his mask, and you may judge whether he be imp or angel, king or cur, hero or humbug." -  William Cowper Brann

Offline Pumpkinpip

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2010, 10:21:14 pm »

Do you feel that the SE was the best bike KTM could have produced at the time, or were they trying to counter BMW?

[/quote]

What would they be copying, the bikes are only similar in concept apart from that they are at opposite ends, a scaled up KTM 525 maybe, if there was comparison to be made. If you meant the copying the concept, I think the KTM would have made the bike whether BMW made the HP2 or not, looking at there track record with smaller bikes, this and super motard is what they like to produce.

Offline Big J

• Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Since 1974
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2010, 10:59:07 pm »
Ok boys. Slowly push the chair back and move away from this thread. Nobody needs to get hurt here. Wilddogs are supposed to move in packs right? The bike you own now is the bestest ever. Ok..  that settles it. Now click on ride reports or something.

:3some:

Offline Dewie

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2010, 06:45:41 am »
Ok boys. Slowly push the chair back and move away from this thread. Nobody needs to get hurt here. Wilddogs are supposed to move in packs right? The bike you own now is the bestest ever. Ok..  that settles it. Now click on ride reports or something.

:3some:

Dit is darem nie so erg nie  :D

forex618

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2010, 06:51:40 am »
I would like to ride an HP2 with proper rear suspension - until then I can only go with what I experienced (as intermediate rider at best!) and that was that the HP was terrible on dirt - fast or slow.

The bike is aesthetically beautiful to look at - the HP2 Motard even more so!  :thumleft:

It is well put together and I am sure i can get used to the clunking of the clutch during slow riding and the (still present) pogo-ing when accelerating sharply for short bursts.

The best thing about it seems to be (as Jacko so succinctly put it) its tubeless wheels - well Ok then. :-\ I might add the uber advantage of all BM's - the service network. Lets face it - it is excellent!

I would say without fear of contrapoint that the network is the real reason why BM is selling so many (admittedly good) bikes - especially in SA is the NETWORK. Just compare other bike only dealerships of other makes - no contest. Also take note of the longevity of BM only (stand alone dealerships) - or then the lack of it.

But enough of the Nazi bike!

In comparison:

The SE is like those Sc-Fi movies where they somehow link a a whole mechanical system (especially a throttle with the throttle reasons of a squirrel on coke and link it to a frothingly rabid two cylinder motor that sounds like a large calibre Gatling gun at point blank range, directly into the synapses of your brain and let the whole system rev like a old RX7 with polished ports..... yes that is about how it is - no - sorry , thats EXACTLY how it is!

And that my Tjompa makes having to change a tjoep and having dirty hands because of tjain loep absolutely worth while!

Daar het jy dit nou Dewie - use it - dont use it >:D

he he - A10 Warthog with afterburners

Offline Oros

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Triple Black is the new Orange
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2010, 08:38:58 am »
1990 models that stirr up some emotions & which IMHO are collector items :thumleft: (Show us some BMW's from 20 years ago that you fancy)
Kawasaki KDX 175, Honda CR 250R, Yamaha XT 250, Honda CRF 450, Honda XR 600, Honda XRV 750, Honda Varadero 1000, KTM 950S, KTM 950 Super Enduro, KTM 990R, BMW GS 1200

Offline Brakenjan

• Bike: BMW (all models)
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2010, 11:35:55 am »
Dewie, ek het gisteraand mooi oor jou vraag gedink en ek dink ek het die antwoord: Die verskil tussen die SE en die HP2 le opgesluit in die testosteroonvlakke van hulle eienaars.

Laat ek verduidelik. As mans het ons almal maar 'n goeie dosis van die "my tril is langer as joune"-griep onder lede. HP2 eienaars se gemiddelde testosteroonvlakke is hoer as jou deursnee GS/GSA eienaar. Dieselfde is ook waar vir die SE vs die 950/990 Adv boys.

Die verskil is egter dat wanneer die HP2 ouens bymekaar kom (soos by die jambo) verklaar ons dadelik 'n skietstilstand en ag ons onsself as lede van 'n uitgesoekte geselskap van ooreenstemmende-lengte-tril-eienaars. Dit word eenvoudig as 'n gegewe aanvaar - ons relax en geniet die kameraderie.

Die SE boys, daarenteen, se trilgriep subside nooit nie.  :eek7: In fact, los 5 SE eienaars alleen vir 'n naweek op 'n afgelee plek en net een sal (moontlik) lewendig daar weg kom.

So watter bike sal ons nog oor 20 jaar nog sien en bewonder? Die HP2 natuurlik! Teen daai tyd het die trilgriep in elkgeval reeds al die 950 SE's uitgeroei....  And there you have it!

Ps:  :pot:  :peepwall:  ;)  :biggrin:

Offline Jacko

• Forum Whore
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2010, 11:44:31 am »
Brakenjan, spoken like a sage.  8)
"The test of a man is not the forum nor the field; not the marketplace nor the amen corner, but at his own fireside. There he lays aside his mask, and you may judge whether he be imp or angel, king or cur, hero or humbug." -  William Cowper Brann

Offline navigator

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • Wurg die kalkoen!
    • http://www.summerhousebb.co.za
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2010, 12:27:53 pm »
Dewie, ek het gisteraand mooi oor jou vraag gedink en ek dink ek het die antwoord: Die verskil tussen die SE en die HP2 le opgesluit in die testosteroonvlakke van hulle eienaars.

Laat ek verduidelik. As mans het ons almal maar 'n goeie dosis van die "my tril is langer as joune"-griep onder lede. HP2 eienaars se gemiddelde testosteroonvlakke is hoer as jou deursnee GS/GSA eienaar. Dieselfde is ook waar vir die SE vs die 950/990 Adv boys.

Die verskil is egter dat wanneer die HP2 ouens bymekaar kom (soos by die jambo) verklaar ons dadelik 'n skietstilstand en ag ons onsself as lede van 'n uitgesoekte geselskap van ooreenstemmende-lengte-tril-eienaars. Dit word eenvoudig as 'n gegewe aanvaar - ons relax en geniet die kameraderie.

Die SE boys, daarenteen, se trilgriep subside nooit nie.  :eek7: In fact, los 5 SE eienaars alleen vir 'n naweek op 'n afgelee plek en net een sal (moontlik) lewendig daar weg kom.

So watter bike sal ons nog oor 20 jaar nog sien en bewonder? Die HP2 natuurlik! Teen daai tyd het die trilgriep in elkgeval reeds al die 950 SE's uitgeroei....  And there you have it!

Ps:  :pot:  :peepwall:  ;)  :biggrin:

Braksterman- ek lag my (kort) tril af - jy skryf so lekker - moenie stop nie!!

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
Beware of life's two great impostors; Victory and Defeat.

Offline navigator

• Wurg die kalkoen!
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2010, 12:30:59 pm »

THIS, my friend, is Pullitzer-grade writing! Fark, I laughed. Really funny and well-written.  :thumleft:

Dankie Jacko - gaan definitief jou review van my post raam en vir almal wat weer wil kak praat met my, wys. Ek gaan natuurlik heel eerste by my vrou begin wat oortuig is daarvan dat ek 'n dom d@@s is!

Offline navigator

• Wurg die kalkoen!
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2010, 12:34:30 pm »
Well, whatever stirs your sole of the SE or the HP2, I wish that Yamaha will take a jacked-up 1200twin STen engine and build it into a jacked-up YZ450 chassis. Call it the OW01 the 2nd. Google OW01.

Maybe they'll call it the OMG 01?

Offline Jacko

• Forum Whore
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2010, 12:38:43 pm »

Dankie Jacko - gaan definitief jou review van my post raam en vir almal wat weer wil kak praat met my, wys. Ek gaan natuurlik heel eerste by my vrou begin wat oortuig is daarvan dat ek 'n dom d@@s is!

Moenie jouself vlak vat nie. Dis skerp kak wat jy kwytraak!

O ja, en my skoonpa se 'n vrou se raad is goed - maar jy moet dit spaarsamig gebruik.  :biggrin:

Offline navigator

• Wurg die kalkoen!
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2010, 12:46:06 pm »
 :thumleft:

Offline Manic

• Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2010, 12:47:58 pm »
I still want a 950SE.

Who wants to buy a kidney?
1250 HP GSA
H2 Supercharged
990 SM

Offline Crowley

« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2010, 01:03:40 pm »
I still want a 950SE.

You’re too short. Probably not enough testosterone   :pot:

Offline Manic

• Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2010, 01:33:27 pm »
I still want a 950SE.

MWaahahahahaha kiss my ass brotha  :imaposer:
1250 HP GSA
H2 Supercharged
990 SM

Offline Hondsekierie

• Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Away we go!!! Bikes: 690RFR, 950SE, 990Adv
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2010, 01:39:52 pm »
I still want a 950SE.

Ouch, that was a killer blow  :imaposer:
“There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep Sea, and music in its roar:
I love not Man the less, but Nature more"

Offline Manic

• Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2010, 01:42:12 pm »
I still want a 950SE.

Ouch, that was a killer blow  :imaposer:

Ek ry sommer met my GSA bo oor hom op die trail  :pot:   :imaposer:   :imaposer:
1250 HP GSA
H2 Supercharged
990 SM

Offline The TRANSPORTER

« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2010, 07:08:28 pm »
Manne met die HP2's moet net pasop dat hulle nie self oor hul eie lang trille ry nie ..... :'( :peepwall: :pot: :pot: :imaposer: :imaposer:
I told her i was married, she said 'me too, who cares, lets ride!'

Offline Fenderbender

• Robertson
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2010, 07:14:37 pm »
Wie't nou iets gesę van lank ?  :imaposer: :imaposer: