Headlight colour - When did I miss the update ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
How did I miss this ?

If it is old news I apologise, last thread I read about this stated that it was debatable , or is it the fact that we use colored covers that makes it a hassle ????????

SECTION 181

181. (1) Subject to the provisions of regulation 170(1), 171(1), 172, 175 or 176, no person shall operate on a public road a motor vehicle which is fitted with or carries on it a lamp which--

1. except in the case of a brake anti-lock warning light to the front of a trailer, emits a light which is not white, amber or yellow in colour towards the front;
  2. emits a light which is not yellow or amber in colour towards either side of the motor vehicle; or
  3. except in the case of a direction indicator or reversing lamp complying with the provisions of these regulations, emits a light which is not red in colour towards the rear.

(2) When two or more lamps of the same class emitting light in the same direction are fitted to a vehicle they shall emit light of the same colour.