Porcelainberg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droffarc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NC750X
A spot of luck, the Mrs discovered she had some shopping to do leaving me some spare time for a ride!
Totally unplanned I followed the front wheel and before I knew it I was Passing Phesantekraal. I turned left at the gravel road to Braahms with a Brahms concerto in my head and followed the road to the crossroads I had stopped at on an earlier ride. Itching to find out where the other road led I carried straight on only to find that it ends by the front stoep of a farmhouse that has a lovely dam beside it.
0503.JPG

0503_%281%29.JPG

Back to the crossroad and right past Mellish and onto the Durbanville / Malmesbury road. By the Slent road I stopped to look at the motionless windmills. Strange now that we have a power crisis, Escom does not make use of these to boost the power a bit?
0503_%282%29.JPG

0503_%283%29.JPG

0503_%284%29.JPG

I paid attention to the bit of road where I had previously almost lost things with a WOBBLE and noted that the road surface was indeed especially bad there with holes and corrugations.
When I reached the tarred road again I continued past the tronk and stopped for a bit of peace and quiet just before the far point where we as a group, had ridden last.
0503_%285%29.JPG

0503_%286%29.JPG

Then I pressed on to the junction with the Wellington / Malmesbury road. Right toward Wellington then left at the Lady Loch road and left again at the Haaskraal gravel road.
0503_%287%29.JPG

I stopped along the way to watch an important rugby game -The katte vs the voel~s I believe.
0503_%288%29.JPG

0503_%289%29.JPG

After a bit I continued till a group of shady trees where again it was very peaceful. The only sound to be heard was the ticking of the cooling of the exhaust. Fantastic place, so wonderfully tranquil.
0503_%2810%29.JPG

0503_%2811%29.JPG

Further along I encountered the Malmesbury / Ceres road. I had apparently just come from Porselainberg.
0503_%2812%29.JPG

0503_%2813%29.JPG

I headed to Malmesbury and stopped at Riebeek Kasteel, my mind full of plans for a treasure hunt.
From there to Malmesbury and I selected the Kalbaskraal road, thinking of the KKK plan announced by KiLeRsa on the Bull etin bored. This road, although tarred would be a good test for a KLR with beefed up suspension.
I just made it back home along the N7 with 2 liters of fuel to spare.