KTM CT - JOKE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntonW

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
KTM CT has yet again shown that there is a serious need to get themselves sorted out.

My 640 I got with 27000 K's on the clock had the inlet rocker roller seize and go thru the top of the motor. Just prior to this I had paid  R1400.00 to have the bike inspected for a noise coming from the head,and told there was no problems, a very short while later funny as i was driving passed KTM the bike starts making a huge noise. I stop, think, lets start it and drive slowly back. Cut a long story short no Mr White it is the big end bearing, Which is replaced at +/- R 8000.00. in the cost is a new inlet roller and polish the cam. Funny that when I said the noise was coming from the head I was told no so, Funny that the old conrod kit was put in another bike which now runs with no problems.

About 350K's later my motor has a huge hole in the top. Thanks to the WD Rufus I get a complete top for the motor which KTM say is in good condition and fits. I only have KTM service my bike at the stated intervals or less, and everytime ask please check the inlet roller.

That right 30000K's later and bang, seized roller. Again Ashley says he will contact KTM and ask what is causing the problem. yet again I am waiting for an answer. The last time I asked him as to an outcome he palmed me off to his mechanic. IF YOU SAY YOU ARE GOING TO DO SOMETHING I EXPECT YOU TO DO.

So after the long wait for parts I am told to collect the bike. So 2 Saturdays ago I get dropped off at KTM. Pay whats owing and try to start the bike, major problem, finally get it started and drive off. I stall the bike and it wont restart. Maybe petrol so i push it to the petrol station  add a few liters and push it back to KTM.Kevin than manages to start it. Great off I go, 2K's down the road no @#$% clutch. Turn around and back to KTM. As you can imagine I am as mad as hell. Luckily Sprocket Bek was there to give me a lift.

Now 2 weeks later I get a call from KTM you bike is ready. So again I get dropped off by my brother who mockingly ask should he wait. I stupidly say no all is fine. I than get handed bill for R2337.00 for parts and labour, this a a huge surprise as no one bothered to let me know. I pay this and I am now well l pissed off. Go to the bike and guess what IT WILL NOT FUCKING START.

Thanks to luck again 1Kat's sister is dropping her off and I can get a lift home. With the last repair to the head I asked if the valve were OK and was told no all is fine, thankfully i did not take this advise and took them to someone recommended by Andy660, his words were they are in a terrible state.

When the motor was open to replace the big end I asked to have all the bearings and seals replaced. I was told there is no need for this. Fortunately I worked for NSK bearing for a number of years and with the help of the internet was able to get all the bearing and a few of the seals for R1200.00. Did you mean that the big end was fine as well?

I have had other issues which I will not comment about here. You have cost me big sums of money that did not need to be spent. You have cost me lots of my time with poor /slow service. and mostly you have successed to piss me me off to such an extent that I have to write this on the forum hoping that things will improve. So that when I ride my KTM that joy does not have a dark cloud hanging over it.

Maybe it is time for another KTM dealer in the Western Cape!