Ted Simon(Jupiter's travels)talk in Cape Town now on WEDNESDAY 1 Dec@ 6pm (R50)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rynet

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
This will be the Cape Town leg of the Ted Simon's talk , see Kalahariben's thread ( also quoted in part below) :
https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=57472.0

We are organising a similar talk in Cape Town , at BMW Auto Atlantic in the Waterfront on WEDNESDAY 1 December at 18h00 , probably a combination of his two talks in Johannesburg/ Pretoria.

Please indicate interest on this thread. We will ask R50 to attend the talk to help pay for Ted Simon's flight from Johannesburg to Cape Town and back ,and entertainment , food etc whilst he is in Cape Town.

I am busy organising a bike for him , alternatively he can use mine .

Thank again KalahariBen for the bright idea and actions of getting Ted to South Africa  :thumleft: and thanks to BMW Bavarian Motorcycles who is sponsoring Ted Simon's flight to South Africa, and his stay in Johannesburg  :thumleft: :thumleft: ,and also thanks to Zebra from www.themanorcottage.co.za in Hout Bay for offering free accommodation to Ted during his stay in Cape Town. :thumleft:

See below what Kalahariben had to say on his thread :

"Hi there everybody

In 1973 a 46-year-old Ted Simon embarked on a four-year, 125,000km, 45 country globe circumnavigation on a 500cc Triumph Tiger. He would retrace the route of that journey 24 years later on a BMW R80GS at the age of 70.

Jupiter’s Travels and Dreaming of Jupiter aptly depict his experiences.

After having read these books, I promptly decided to see whether it would be possible to meet this legendary adventurer. Putting action to thought, I managed to track down Ted’s e-mail address, and started harassing him to visit good old South Africa.

So, with a huge amount of help from Roger and Sharon at Bavarian Motorcycles (012-643 1680), it has now transpired that Ted will be visiting our beautiful country later this year.

You are subsequently cordially invited to attend one of two sessions (or both, if you are so inclined), planned as follows:

Session #1
Practical workshop / talk on the topic of long trips, planning thereof and general informal conversation with Ted.
Date – Saturday 27 November
Venue – Bavarian East Motorcycles (Pretoria East) – tel. 012-809 3601
Time – 12:30 to 15:30

Session #2
Presentation by Ted covering his travels around the world – incl. photos, video footage etc.
Date – Friday 03 December
Venue – Bavarian Motorcycles (Centurion) – 012-643 1680
Time – 18:30 to 21:30