KTM Western Cape

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clockwork Orange

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
A lot has been said about this specific dealership over the last few months. So far I have reserved my comment but now feel that the time is right to say my say.

In December during day one of a 12 day trip i feel that my clutch is starting to fade. I manage to crash change and nurse the bike to George (hair raising at times I might add).

The KTM dealership in George is beyond helpful (thanks Rian) and assist me in bleeding the system and replaces all fluid at no cost. I suspected that there is a more serious problem and he says that it may well be but that this should get me to PE without hassles and if not gives me spare fluid and shows me how to at least keep the bike going through to PE.

In the interim he orders a new clutch kit to be delivered to PE for if I need it. It so happens that the problem continues and I get to PE without hassles now that I know what to do. A quick call to PE KTM and the bike is booked in right away and 2 hours later I drive off with a brand new clutch slave kit fitted.

The rest of the trip is brilliant thanks to KTM PE and George's efficient service.

On my return to Cape Town I call on Stuart of KTM WC. I explain the situation to him and he asks for the used parts and all receipts. After looking into the matter it appears that at some point the wrong fluid was used in the sytem. As KTM WC are the only people to work on the bike Stuart re-imbursed me all costs without any hassles and his attitude throughout was impeccable.

I recently had a problem with my fuel pump and KTM immediately ordered a replacement part but as the HO in Jnb was out of stock this needed to be ordered from Europe. Stuart kept me informed of the progress as he was trying to locate another pump for me to use in the interim and yesterday evening he called me with the good news that he had sourced one.

All I can say is that the service received from all three KTM agencies has been great and their efforts in getting me on the road again is really appreciated.