Not a real new rider in SA...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I am a Canadian, residing in the States and working for an international company.
I joined this asylum yesterday to try to get some tips on a road (track) in Botswana. Except from one tip regarding fuel it seems that nobody has been riding this area as I didn't get any info...
I lived in SA from early 94 to late 2000. I was already riding DS and it was not that popular at the time! Back then I was riding an Africa Twin and later a 1150 GS.
The company I work for as a large facility here in SA and about a year ago I was asked to come to SA on a more regular basis. Rather than spending my free time watching TV I decided to buy a 640 Adv. end of May last year. Since I rode over 30,000 km (mostly dirt) but I use the bike for commuting as well.
My wife works overseas and she got a 640 Enduro and we managed a couple of very nice trips so far. Of course I am out every weekend I am here and ride all the dirt roads within reach for a day or two trips. I must say that I really enjoy the West/ North quadrant and go regularly as far as the Botswana border, Waterbergs and higher up north... The Groot Marico/Zeerust area is not bad either!