GS Trophy 2010 - Feel it, it is here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacko

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
Okay, so some of you might know I'm going on the GS Trophy as SA's only journalist.

In so doing I will post info and photo's on the WD site. One of the things I undertook to do when asked to provide a list of publications for whom I will provide coverage was the WD site. I'm not getting paid for this, but am merely doing it because you're such a bunch of .............. (insert appropriate word).

Well, today I got a nice box from DHL, straight out of Munchen from BMW AG. It contained a nice spread of goodies.

Rallye 3 riding suit (with my name and SA flag embroided on whooop-whooop)
Assorted t-shirts
Ortlieb Big Zip drybag
BMW (Leatt) neck brace
Cap
Sleeping bag
Mattress
Hoody sweater
Head torch
Tent (an MSR, Hubba Hubba!  :drif: I've ALWAYS wanted one!)
Oh, and a toweltjie.  :biggrin:

Must bring my own boots, helmet, gloves, toiletries and underwear.

The SA team has been selected and I'll be accompanying them as the SA journalist.

Ten teams will be competing, from countries like the USA, UK, Nordic (Sweden, Denmark, Norway), Japan, Spain, Italy, Germany, etc.

We will meet up in Gauteng in Sat 13 November and the event will finish on Sat the 20th.

The 30 Years of GS is a central theme and my bag has the logo on. I believe the 800GSs we'll be riding will also be in this colour scheme.

I'm at work now, but when I get home tonight I will post a pic or two of the kit.

You can start hurling the insults and questioning my ancestry.  :biggrin: