What is the proper ending to a ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houbie

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hi all.

I just want to know from you okes what is the proper umm how do one say it “etiket” to end a ride.
Let me paint you the scenario.

The other Sunday 2 mates and myself  just went for a breakfast /brunch in Cullinan from Pretoria. It is the first ride we all did together that exceeded 130km. All three of us ride KLR’s so we did a bit of gravel a bit of tar and so on.
So we grab a coffee and a bite in Cullinan and before we left there my one friend said he wants to show us a place on our way back to Pretoria. We stopped and continued on our way. Now in my head I saw us going back to my friends flat from where we started,  get ourselves a cold one and talk about the ride. As we entered Pretoria I drove up next to my friend and ask what’s going to happen now?  He signaled me that we will decide at the next red robot. So he pulled in next to my other  friend and I stopped behind them. They talked and the next moment the light turns green. The one friend pulls away fast and shoots left into Watermeyer St and the other just continued straight on. Before you can count to 3 I was all by myself! ???
I think it is just plain rude and that one should end a ride more tender loving that that. I won’t mention my two friends
( Cough...Cough... KLRChris, Cough... Cough... Double0-Two ).

Whould like to hear a outside opinion on this matter!!

Thanks - houbie