Inanda Valley ride Sun 07 Nov 10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badballie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
So 3 of us actually pitched for a ride which was planned by The Badger - only thing was Badger was not one of em, so we made Gunda road captain and set of from the Shell Garage in Pinetown.

BTW - I am now starting to suffer from a complex - every time I join in Badger stays away - is it that bad riding with a yellow pig  ???? hahahahahahaha

Gunda said he would go show us the Shembe village and some of the valley and then we would try to get to the top of his elusive hill.

Even the tar stretch down to the valley was awesome and then it was onto dirt just beneath the dam wall. Lekke ride, till we got to the Shembe village and then a few sandy patches m were Dirty Boy decided to take a breather - I was torn between getting the camera and helping, until I saw that he was pinned and then decided help is a better option.

The pig with its semi slick Maxxis, did just fine on the sand - snaking here and there - but barely leaving a track - hehehehehehehe

Gunda's new E-O7's were just what the Dr ordered and did great the whole time.

Will be fitting those next .....

Then is was back to the Valley and the Mzinyati (spelling) falls - seems some washing gt washed down river en plenty tadpoles in the pools.

From there we got to the hill Gunda wanted to climb - but only got 3/4 way up - there was a fire break or more direct route up - but between semi slicks and knees that would not survive a serious tumble - we decided we wont chance it any higher.

Looking at the pic's it looks rather tame - but heres a hint check the drag mark under Gundas side stand to show how steep it actually is.

We then took a lekker ride in the general direction of Verulam - saw another hill and decided to check it out - nice view over the dam and had the infamous cappuccinos on top of the hill.

We explored the hill top - till we could go no further and decided on shortest route back which landed us onto some serious corrugations - or rather mx type whoops - a lotta shake rattle and roll and we were back on the dirt district roads .......

Got to to a T-Junction - decided on a right and drove through Kwamashu back to the N2 -

Great day, great ride and great guys to ride with

Here is the pics

Attachments

• PICT0051.JPG
    PICT0051.JPG
    219.4 KB · Views: 200
  • PICT0052.JPG
    PICT0052.JPG
    249.2 KB · Views: 199
  • PICT0053.JPG
    PICT0053.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 202