Mean Machine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IDR

Grey Hound
Administrator
Reaction score
If you have a look through the forum at anywhere I mention Mean Machine, I've never had anything good to say about them... In fact, quite the opposite, with comments such as "avoid at all cost" not entirely out of place.

So, as you've all seen on the Gauteng Noob ride from HELL fred, the KLE's handlebar, she's broken. I've been phoning around trying to see where I can get a new handlebar (aftermarket, I'd like it to be higher and obviously stronger than the stock one). The usual telephonic stops - Suzuki Toy Store, Centurion Lifestyle Biking Accessories, among others - don't stock, or are all out of stock of aftermarket handlebars. I'm actually looking for the Pro Taper Quad High 'bars, because they're quite popular with the forum okes.

In any case, as a last resort I phoned Mean Machine (012 348 7799) in Menlyn, and asked to speak to someone in accessories, and got transferred to a very friendly lady, Lorraine, who listened to my story, thought for a second, then said she'd phone me back after she'd had a look at the KLE on the floor, make sure of the handlebar measurements, and then have a look at what they have in stock or else phone around and see what I can get, where, and for how much!

So, 10 minutes later I got the call back from Lorraine. They don't have stock of any 'bars, and the Pro Taper distributors don't have stock of ANYTHING either (?!?!), but she can have a Renthal Enduro bar for me tomorrow, at R 460.00!

Great stuff Mean Machine, no more bad-mouthing from me :thumbleft: