Flying the Tankwa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxThePanda

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Vespa (all models)
I’m a bit embarrassed at myself for my failure to put a single ride report together. Shameful! And there have been a string of incredible adventures in the last two years, thanks in no small part to the illuminati on this forum. So here goes – I’ll start small. Thanks to Beserker (aka Dave Gouws) for the garmin file of the Tankwa backwoods. As always I’m kinda pinched for time, so it’s mostly pictures, and I'm just going to ramble it down here as it comes out.

My regular riding buddy Tom and I have both been travelling a lot this year,  and if you’re not riding a lot it’s easy to lose focus and forget that probably the best short adventures known to humankind are on our back doorstep, pretty much for free.

So last-minute.com involved a quick call to Dave for this route: https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=45962.0, a borrowed garmin and in Tom’s case a new battery for his KLR, which hadn’t been ridden in something like six months.

We set off Thursday early afternoon, way too late to get to somewhere around Middelpos, but absolutely true to form. The sky outside Ceres was incredible.

5186821549_10ea8998a3_b.jpg

5186821737_92fe1480b8_b.jpg

5187421168_bc625a7ce9_b.jpg

Or should I say spectacular...?

5186822679_13fc4e591c_b.jpg