Milkmans DRZ 400 Stator coil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milkman

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
On our recent trip to Verneukpan and beyond ( Cheeta boot edition ) I picked up hassles with my stator coil. Basically what happened was that the bolts that hold the ring gear in place came loose inside the coil housing and chomped up the coil!
Is this a common problem with DRZ 400's or not? Or was I just unlucky?  ???

I contacted the local agents and they quoted me R 4500.00 exclusive of vat!!!! (Flip-pen NUTS!!!)
I ended up finding a stator on Thumpertalk.com for R 840.00 plus shipping - R 1167.25 delivered to my door step! ( The wonders of Internet and free market trade!) :

The point though is that we, ( The consumer ) in SA are getting screwed with our eyes closed. I have a business of my own and understand that local agents need to make a living and keep there businesses sustainable to be able to provide a level of service to the customer. But surely this cant be right!

I was able to import a part from the other side of the world and have it delivered to my doorstep within 4 working days, at less than a third of the local cost!
Heads up to Thumpertalk :thumleft: 

My DRZ will be up and running by Tuesday.

Milkman.