A community cares - KFM 94.5 this morning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAT-WP

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
As many of you will know, a very sad, unfortunate tragedy occured on 29th March 2010 - my sisters husband, Kevin Brookes, was killled on his motorbike by an underage, unlicensed taxi driver in Adderley Street whilst on his way to see a client in the early morning.  (https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=47386.0). 

The trial date for this matter is set for 28th March 2011 (1 day before he was killed a year later).

From that day, my sister's life, their childs life, family, friends, work associates and to all those that knew him were changed forever :(

This morning, an amazing thing happened for her & Kirstin (their 12 year old daughter), something she was completely unaware of...........she received a wonderful Xmas Wish gift from KFM 94.5.

The background to this secret for her went as follows -

A very good friend of hers came up with the idea of the KFM 94.5 Xmas Wish list - she contacted me wanting ideas for what kind of financial assistance my sister would be needing.  I emailed the KFM team with the ideas and chatted to a lady there.  They guaranteed that her Xmas Wish would come true :)
My sister knew nothing about it at all, big surprise!!!

The date & time had been set for today @ 07:15am.  I decided to arrive @ my sisters place before work this morning just to make sure that she would answer her ph!  Shame, she still asked me why i was there so i said i could not sleep & popped in for coffee.  She was in her pj's and said she felt down and tearful as i walked in.  I just smiled to myself knowing that in a few minutes time, her mood would be lifted so high.

Sure enough, the phone range and it was a guy called Ryan from KFM on the line.  He had asked her 2 hold on whilst she could hear the background story of Kevins accident being told on air.  He then told her that Kleenex had decided to sponsor her xmas wish list that her friend had requested.  My sister was speechless as to what they had given to her.....a full years school fees paid for her daughter who is going into Grade 7, R 20,000 cash towards rent (she has just sold the home due to not being able to fulfill the bond repayments), R1,000 pet food supply from Purina for their loyal labrador Ben, R5,000 cash to do xmas shopping with, R10,000 food vouchers - I couldnt not believe it, nor could she!!!  She got very emotional understandably - I am so happy that this came true for her to help ease the heavy burden she is under.

Just wanted to share this awsum experience with you all and to let you all know that there are WONDERFUL people out there who just want to help in any way they can.

THANK YOU KFM 94.5 :thumleft: :) for helping her!