Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Bike Drivers licence Q & A  (Read 13306 times)

Offline Kortbroek

• Bike: Honda XR650R
  • Ag wat ja nee
    • View Profile
Re: Bike Drivers licence Q & A
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2017, 10:54:54 pm »
Had mine booked for last Friday. Borrowed a friends Gomoto 200cc seeing as the XR would not be ideal (tall and kick only). As I started the test the rear light bulb blew. Got given 5min to repair, which I did. Cop couldn't believe that I could've repaired the light so quickly (put in a new bulb at a LBS down the road) so the C*nt decided to fail me for unroadworthy vehicle  :dousing:

Now I have to go again end of March  :xxbah:
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline Ri

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Bikermouse on a Purple Hooligan ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2017, 06:56:41 am »
Had mine booked for last Friday. Borrowed a friends Gomoto 200cc seeing as the XR would not be ideal (tall and kick only). As I started the test the rear light bulb blew. Got given 5min to repair, which I did. Cop couldn't believe that I could've repaired the light so quickly (put in a new bulb at a LBS down the road) so the C*nt decided to fail me for unroadworthy vehicle  :dousing:

:eek7:
Whoa which test centre is this, so I can avoid?
"I predict that our robot overlords will want nothing whatsoever to do with us. If we ever invent it, the first thing an AI will do is bootstrap itself to omnipotence and then light out for the Kuiper Belt."
- Jeph Jacques (Questionable Content)

Offline DaddyK

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • View Profile
    • Buena Computers
« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2017, 08:29:05 am »
Have a look at this:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kye6ic54sfat27n/AABkK_cvAsMeepeEMCfeviZ4a?dl=0

Should find all the answers you need on the K53 here.
The greatest discovery of any generation is that a human can alter his life by altering his attitude - William James

Offline Kortbroek

• Bike: Honda XR650R
  • Ag wat ja nee
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 01, 2017, 09:27:02 am »

:eek7:
Whoa which test centre is this, so I can avoid?

Stellenbosch of all places
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline Kyle122

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 07, 2017, 03:05:14 pm »
So here is my experience from today in PE. one guy comes into waiting room and tells me to fill in register. I think cool, seems like a friendly guy. My plan is to be friendly and low profile as they seem to like failing experienced riders that "Think" they know how to ride. No need for them to know i have been riding for 25 years, had my 125 licence for the last 15 and won multiple MX championships....

In walks another guy and points at me and says "Hey you - come" i say, "must i finish filling this in?" He says "Boetie, i said come" My blood is boiling but i hold my tongue for the sake of the test. He walks away while i'm picking up my stuff. I find him at the entrance to a back office a few seconds later. He walks into office and sits down. I'm confused as i'm here for a bike test. He tells me to sit down. He gets all professional while filling the form. I find this strange but i look up and see a camera. Makes sense. He gets up and we make our way to the yard. On the way i ask him if i need to check both blind spots when changing lane after indicator. He says he is here to test me, not teach me. I bite my lip.

Get to bike and he tells me the test starts now. I find this strange as we are in the parking lot of the station and my bike is in a parking. i do my pre inspection test. He says ok get on the bike and finish inspection. I ask if he going to ask me questions, he says just get on. I'm on the bike and begin testing instruments myself. He then decides to join in.

He says ok ride up to the stop at the parking lot exit, and then do a u-turn and come back. I find this strange as the gate is half closed across the exit road and there are pedestrians walking across as it is the public pavement. I don't want to question him so i manage to pull put the parking spot after observations and stop at the line we mentioned. I wait for a gap in the pedestrians, do my observations and pull off noting that i must not roll back so i hold my brakes until pulling off.

He once again points a finger at me and gestures towards parking spot. He is writing on his clipboard. i say, what now? He says you rolled. I say i don't agree. He keeps quiet. He carry's on filling out his clip board. 

I notice the cameras and i ask if it is possible to view the footage? he says no. I insist. He gives me my form and learners back and says i can go stand in line to request the footage from the manager. He walks away while mumbling.
this.

I tell him he is a Fking rude arrogant P#e$. He grins. I proceed inside to find manager. I look at line and i leave.

Car guard tells me he fails everyone

Ps: The bald overweight C#nts name is Christopher. I will not be going back there.

Rant over.

Ps: Got full marks for inspection.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 03:06:07 pm by Kyle122 »

Offline Candyman

• Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 08, 2017, 06:15:09 am »
My 10c .
I don't know why every body is doing the test on smaller and deferent bikes to what they ride !
I watched the video that was posted on This form . My test was step by step like in the video .
On the Pre trip inspection it's simple name and check all the important items . Don't forget the forks !
Do the test on the bike jou are used to or been riding for some time . Did my test on my XT1200z.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dirtyXT

• a wanna be adventurer.
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • A witty saying proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 10, 2017, 11:21:12 am »
So here is my experience from today in PE. one guy comes into waiting room and tells me to fill in register. I think cool, seems like a friendly guy. My plan is to be friendly and low profile as they seem to like failing experienced riders that "Think" they know how to ride. No need for them to know i have been riding for 25 years, had my 125 licence for the last 15 and won multiple MX championships....

In walks another guy and points at me and says "Hey you - come" i say, "must i finish filling this in?" He says "Boetie, i said come" My blood is boiling but i hold my tongue for the sake of the test. He walks away while i'm picking up my stuff. I find him at the entrance to a back office a few seconds later. He walks into office and sits down. I'm confused as i'm here for a bike test. He tells me to sit down. He gets all professional while filling the form. I find this strange but i look up and see a camera. Makes sense. He gets up and we make our way to the yard. On the way i ask him if i need to check both blind spots when changing lane after indicator. He says he is here to test me, not teach me. I bite my lip.

Get to bike and he tells me the test starts now. I find this strange as we are in the parking lot of the station and my bike is in a parking. i do my pre inspection test. He says ok get on the bike and finish inspection. I ask if he going to ask me questions, he says just get on. I'm on the bike and begin testing instruments myself. He then decides to join in.

He says ok ride up to the stop at the parking lot exit, and then do a u-turn and come back. I find this strange as the gate is half closed across the exit road and there are pedestrians walking across as it is the public pavement. I don't want to question him so i manage to pull put the parking spot after observations and stop at the line we mentioned. I wait for a gap in the pedestrians, do my observations and pull off noting that i must not roll back so i hold my brakes until pulling off.

He once again points a finger at me and gestures towards parking spot. He is writing on his clipboard. i say, what now? He says you rolled. I say i don't agree. He keeps quiet. He carry's on filling out his clip board. 

I notice the cameras and i ask if it is possible to view the footage? he says no. I insist. He gives me my form and learners back and says i can go stand in line to request the footage from the manager. He walks away while mumbling.
this.

I tell him he is a Fking rude arrogant P#e$. He grins. I proceed inside to find manager. I look at line and i leave.

Car guard tells me he fails everyone

Ps: The bald overweight C#nts name is Christopher. I will not be going back there.

Rant over.

Ps: Got full marks for inspection.
haha, I had the exact same experience in PE when I did mine, he also said I rolled. an middle aged indian/coloured fella and I said absolutely not! then he said you need your foot on the back brake as well... next time round I got a much friendlier Afrikaans oom.
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDXx250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - sold XT660R - Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold XT660Z - current

Offline Esplin

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2017, 06:33:02 pm »
The hardest part for me was trying to keep my speed between 20 and 25. If you can borrow a small bike

Offline zarrabin

• Bike: Honda XR125L
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 14, 2017, 03:02:18 pm »
Hi guys.  Need some advise please.  I am doing my bike license in Centurion at the end of the month, need to go for lessons (Pretoria area) and borrow a bike to do the test.  Any suggestions on  whom I can contact or where to go?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 03:19:38 pm by zarrabin »

Offline RyC

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 14, 2017, 08:01:48 pm »
Speed queen racing in Centurion
Did my refresher, license training  and used their bike.
Asked for discount for two packages and bike rental...
Short ride from te testing station and full access to their test track

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Offline Edgar

• Bike: Gomoto (all models)
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 15, 2017, 10:00:11 am »
Speed queen racing in Centurion
Did my refresher, license training  and used their bike.
Asked for discount for two packages and bike rental...
Short ride from te testing station and full access to their test track

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
:thumleft:

Offline Carl84

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 04, 2017, 12:19:39 pm »
After 10 years and 4 learners finally got my licence today, what a f@cking relief!   ;D

Did it on the BMW R1200 GS - not too difficult, however I would definitely recommend lessons. You could probably wing it and still pass however the lessons helped me a lot.