Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: DR650 : tubeless tyres?  (Read 372 times)

Offline wiledog_X

DR650 : tubeless tyres?
« on: December 12, 2010, 08:35:28 pm »
i've got tube type tyres on my Suzuki DR650 a.t.m. So my question is can the DR650 be fitted with tubeless tyres on the standard rims, or must i replace the wheels as well to do this?
"all your base are belong to us!!!"

Online KTMjedi

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Cleared for take off
Re: DR650 : tubeless tyres?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 08:59:06 am »
Are you asking if you can fit Tubless tyres on your stock rims without a tube...? Well no all the air will escape through your spokes and it will never inflate. You can use tubeless tyres and just fit a Tube. Or you can fit a Tubliss system to your front rim which will give you a air tight seal...(the 17" is not yet available so you will have to run a tube for now). Check it out on www.tubliss.co.za .

Offline lecap

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 09:08:14 am »
Options:

Something called Tubliss. Not sure about drawbacks (approved for highway use?). Search the forum. It's all there somewhere.

Hodgepodge solutions sealing spoke nipple holes with some goo like Sikaflex. Dangerous, don't (my opinion). The tire does not seat without inflation like a TL type does as the rim lacks the properly shaped hump. But what do I know.

Buy a BMW R1200GS or a Citigolf. Both come with tubeless tires as factory standard.

Buy tire levers, a bottle with soapy water, a ground sheet, gas bombs and an inflator or a pump and spare tubes and learn how to use the stuff. ;D
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline Stevie

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 09:15:33 am »
Pardon the hijack - I have not looked closely at the gas bombs, are these filled with CO2??
If so, does the extreme cold of the gas have any negative effects on the tube & or valve??

Offline wiledog_X

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 10:00:28 am »
Buy tire levers, a bottle with soapy water, a ground sheet, gas bombs and an inflator or a pump and spare tubes and learn how to use the stuff. ;D

:) will do! really only option for me!

Offline wiledog_X

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 10:03:55 am »
Pardon the hijack - I have not looked closely at the gas bombs, are these filled with CO2??
If so, does the extreme cold of the gas have any negative effects on the tube & or valve??

yes they are filled with "wet" CO2. i used them a lot in my paintball gun... was also wondering about the temp, because CO2 is very temperature sensitive, and it builds up a lot of moisture as well. when it heats up it expands much more than air.... i've had CO2 paintball cylinders blow their burst disks (safety pressure release) because of this....
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:05:24 am by wiledog_X »

Offline SteveKLE

• Bike: Kawasaki KLE 500
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 09:32:53 pm »
Wear gloves when using the bombs ..... don't forget you need quite a few as they usually are good for a mountainbike!!