Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Triumph Service  (Read 662 times)

Offline Millroy

• Puppy
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
Triumph Service
« on: March 28, 2007, 10:50:35 pm »
I have 2 friends with Triumphs (1050ST and 675 respectively) and they are both having continuous problems with the dealer in Cape Town. Is this the experience of other Triumph owners elsewhere or is this a localised problem? The Daytona 675 has been off the road for almost 3 months for a motor repair under warranty. Always a story. Even contact with the MD of Triumph SA has not speeded thing up. Scary stuff. Awesome bikes but I'm glad I don't own one.
Midlife crisis! What's your excuse?

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
Triumph Service
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 07:22:18 am »
I never had issues with mine  :D

AFAIK Mike Hopkins has never had the best reputation...
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.

bobnob

Re: Triumph Service
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 09:54:46 am »
Quote from: "Millroy"
I have 2 friends with Triumphs (1050ST and 675 respectively) and they are both having continuous problems with the dealer in Cape Town. Is this the experience of other Triumph owners elsewhere or is this a localised problem? The Daytona 675 has been off the road for almost 3 months for a motor repair under warranty. Always a story. Even contact with the MD of Triumph SA has not speeded thing up. Scary stuff. Awesome bikes but I'm glad I don't own one.

what about renegade kawasaki in parow?

not sure if all kawasaki agents are triumph agents as well

but i have always had good service with renegade

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 09:58:48 am »
Quote from: "bobnob"
not sure if all kawasaki agents are triumph agents as well

They aren't, but they might just be able to help out, no harm done in giving them a call!
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 10:56:28 am »
i think its localised , the deaer in edenvale seems to give good service
Born to lose, live to win!!

bobnob

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 12:23:51 pm »
Quote from: "IceCreamMan"
i think its localised , the deaer in edenvale seems to give good service

:lol:

i'm sure it must be localised

sure they wont have a clause in the franchise papers

"you are ordered to give crap service and poefies backup"

Offline Millroy

• Puppy
Triumph Service
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 07:46:22 am »
Thanks for all the feed back here and via e-mail. I was not aware that there are so many unhappy Triumph owners around. Why is a lower standard of service deemed to be sufficient by the dealers and accepted by the importers? I suppose that they feel that the product is good enough to negate the problems and people will just accept it the same as we accept other things in the new South Africa. Ag shame !

Have a great weekend.

Offline Millroy

• Puppy
Triumph Service
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 07:40:30 pm »
I promised the dealer concerned that I would make an entry here when matters were resolved. With regard to the 675 it was collected today and the owner reports that he is very happy to have his bike back. Whilst it is understandable that certain proceedures have to be followed during a warranty claim it would appear that the bike owner was not always kept in the loop. The biggest problem is definately communication. I have had various PM messages with members of staff of the dealership concerned and have been assured that the problems are being addressed and all their Triumph customers can expect to be happier quicker.

Only time will tell if this is "damage control" or if there really is acknowledgement that a problem existed and a solution has been put in place.

I suggest that any person still having a problem not being sorted out to their satisfaction should contact the owner direct, and I am sure that he will do his utmost to solve your problem ASAP. They do not want to be mentioned in a negative way on any forum. This should be the last resort.

To conclude I would like to thank Mike Hopkins for sorting the 675 out and giving my friend his life back. The bike motor was rebuilt at no charge.

Thanks to the WD members who let me ramble on here.

Ride Safe

Offline Anthony W

• Pack Dog
Triumph Service
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 08:52:54 am »
Thank you for the kind words, it is not very often that anything remotely good is said about a dealer.
To put everyone in the picture, in the last 3 years business has increased dramatically, but we have had the same number of staff doing 4 times the amount of work. We could go ahead and hire anyone off the street, but that is not what we wanted, we required quality personel and over the last few months we have started building up a good strong team with the sole aim of improving service and support for our customers.
Regrettably we have had one or two issues that have slipped through the system :oops: , for those that are/were affected we do apologise, there was no malice or intentional delays involved with any of these instances.
To help us in our quest to improve customer support could I please request that anyone that may have an issue/problem with any aspect of the business to contact Donald, Kevin or Mike and we will get things sorted.

Offline Clockwork Orange

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 09:02:32 am »
Quote from: "Anthony W"
Thank you for the kind words, it is not very often that anything remotely good is said about a dealer.
To put everyone in the picture, in the last 3 years business has increased dramatically, but we have had the same number of staff doing 4 times the amount of work. We could go ahead and hire anyone off the street, but that is not what we wanted, we required quality personel and over the last few months we have started building up a good strong team with the sole aim of improving service and support for our customers.
Regrettably we have had one or two issues that have slipped through the system :oops: , for those that are/were affected we do apologise, there was no malice or intentional delays involved with any of these instances.
To help us in our quest to improve customer support could I please request that anyone that may have an issue/problem with any aspect of the business to contact Donald, Kevin or Mike and we will get things sorted.

Its great that you have come forward and openly responded to the issue at hand. I hope things get better. I know what its like when you invest huge amount of time and money in training your staff especially the mechanics and as soon as they feel they are qualified off they go. I know this has been a major setback for you guys in the past 2 years. Is that why Kevin has gone sooo grey :D  :D  :D
When in doubt...grab throttle!!!