Super Short Report - By me, for me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archangel

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Last weekend I needed to be in PE for a wedding. I posted a thread tuning people to join me for a day or to, but allas. Nothing. So I decided that's it. I've done Cape Town to PE in a day, including Baviaans before. This time I wasn't doing Baviaans on my way in, cause I had loads of time on the back end of my trip and would fit it in there on way back.

I wasn't really planning on doing a RR, so there's not many photos and they're all taken with my BB and uploaded to FB (hence the lack of quality).

Packed the night before:

155053_473462686603_531181603_6294025_6465389_n.jpg

So once again, the planned route was:  (Notice, I travel light  :thumleft: )

index.php

I got away a bit later this time, and because it's summer, the sun was way higher in the sky. 7am and I'm off...

Met up with this bike at the Shell in Worcester. Never saw the biker though.  :patch:

72033_473667686603_531181603_6296276_3976650_n.jpg

From there on I hit the Ouberg Pass to Ladysmith, then Calitzdorp, Oudtshoorn. Then southwards along some gravel roads onto Route 62 and all the way to PE. Was there by 5pm in time for drinks with Fugly, Crab, TerrorSA and some of the other usuals.

I stayed in Pine Lodge with a bunch of old varsity friends. It's super cool to see these guys I lived with for 4 years again after not seeing them for about 2 years.

To Be Continued.

PS. The Route back was a bit more interesting, but the photos aren't. As the topic says, this ride was by me, for me.  ;)