A Karoo Adventure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peat

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Day One

It finally arrived, yes the 16th Day of December, we had decided to go down on Anakee’s rather than Knobblies, because of the long haul on tarred road to get there and back. The Karoo was beckoning but the rain at 05h00 was also falling with gusto. I slung my leg over the big BM and eased out into the rain.
Jacoboos was waiting at the Shell service station, I filled the 33 Litre tank to the brim, and we were off. Rain, rain and more rain!
We stopped at Potch sometime later, for coffee at the Wimpy, but they only opened at 08h00, so we used their table and made our own coffee, and tried to dry out.

potchcoffee.jpg

Coffee at Potch outside the closed Wimpy.
We went through Wolmaranstad, Bloemhof, Christiana, Warrenton, and stopped for petrol in Kimberley. Through Hopetown, Strydenburg and on to Kambro, where we stopped to confirm our camp site booking for Sunday. Then on through Britstown and onto Victoria West.

vivweschurch.jpg

Church in Victoria West.
We then turned West onto the R63 and stopped off at Melton World, our over night stay. A total of 902Km for the day.

meltonworldbeer.jpg

A well deserved beer for the day.

Day Two

The next morning dawned with a beautiful sun rise.

sunupmeltworldjaco1.jpg

Jacoboos was up early and captured this.

sunupmelworldjaco.jpg

And this.
We packed up and where on the road early, just the other side of Melton World we came across this.

depmeltworld.jpg

meltonworldstart.jpg

Further down the road we stopped at this windmill.

windmill1.jpg

I then decided to use my video camera, and Jacoboos played along with his demonstration of how to do a pirouette at about 50Km/h in the mud, he was very successful, I feel, and almost managed to do a full 360 Deg turn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6El4M4A0byE

A slow motion of the Pirouette..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXyZoFME-ck

The rest is still to come