NEED ADVICE: PLEASE HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Thys

Good day all
I hope someone will able to give me advice what to do. Please read my correspondence with Kawasaki SA. Read from the bottom upwards the last mail will be the one from me to Kawasaki SA following there response.
Sent: 26 March 2007 03:14 PM
To: Thys Taljaard
Cc: Chris Speight
Subject: Re: UNSATISFIED KLR CUSTOMER

Thys , good day .

Sir , as KMSA company policy , and I think any motorcycle importer for this matter, we do not supply demos . Our demos are for marketing purposes .

As per the repairs on your KLR , I had just talked to JP at Race Prep. and he informed me that he discussed the progress with you earlier .

Please feel free to contact the DP of Race Prep , Mr Louis van Bergen .

Thank you

Riaan Fourie
KMSA

----- Original Message -----
To: Riaan Fourie
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 9:47 AM
Subject: RE: UNSATISFIED KLR CUSTOMER

----

Hi Riaan,

I appreciate your comment below. As you can see by the response from Race Preparations, they have committed to 11:00 that the part will arrive, I have no confidence that this will happen (hope they prove me wrong), as these have been the excuses which have been going on for almost 4 months now.

My concern which I have repeatedly raised with them is that I have a transport issue. My KLR was my means of transport and have had to borrow a bike which I had to return and now rely on other people for lifts. This is rather embarrassing telling people that I wont need a lift anymore as they will be delivering my bike, then having to phone and ask for a lift again. It is an inconvenience not only to the good people who have helped me out, but I am then office bound which is problematic to my employment.

I need a bike! Surely Kawasaki can assist with a loan bike until my bike is fixed to satisfaction as this is a joke. Going on 4 months I think I qualify for a loan bike and my request is justifiable. I would expect nothing less than a loan bike by 14:00 today, please advise if you are able to deliver.

Regards

Thys

Sent: 26 March 2007 09:05 AM

Good morning Thys .

Firstly , sorry about not coming back to you on the progress of your KLR on Thursday .

I did check and can report that when I was there on Thursday , JP was waiting for the return of on of the parts from the engineering shop .

Upon my call this morning relating to the progress , I was informed that they ( Race Preparations ) will have the part this morning . I will call them again at 11H00 to find out what the progress is .

This will be relayed to you and hopefully we can get you on your motorcycle soon .

Thank you

Riaan Fourie

KMSA

Cc:

Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 7:03 PM

----

Hi Riaan

Kawasaki yet again disappointed me in not meeting the deadline and getting back to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 22 March 2007 09:18 AM

Thank you Thys .

I am leaving soon and will make sure there is a reply . Sorry again about the inconvenience , but we hope to have this issue resolved a.s.a.p. !

Regards

Riaan Fourie

KMSA

Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 9:06 AM

----

Hi Riaan,

Thank you for responding to my mail. I am sure you understand my frustration. I would like this matter resolved and accept that you are taking the effort to view my KLR and advise me on the status, not having much faith in Race Preparations that much progress would have been made.

I accept that you will get back to me this afternoon after your visit, but will still stick to my original deadline of Friday 23 March 2007 should I not have any response from Kawasaki SA.

Regards

Thys Taljaard

Sent: 22 March 2007 08:30 AM

Good morning Thys .

Thys , just a update on the progress of your KLR Motorcycle .

I will call on this dealership this morning and see what the status is . Thys I will be able to give you some feedback this afternoon if this is acceptable ?

Sorry about the delay , but I will feel better if I have seen this motorcycle myself before I make a comment on the progress ?

Thank you

Riaan Fourie

KMSA

To:

Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 12:29 PM

Subject: UNSATISFIED KLR CUSTOMER

----

19 March 2007

RE : UNSATISFIED KLR CUSTOMER

On the 13th October 2006 I Matthys Taljaard took my Kawasaki KLR650 registration RLJ514GP to Race Preparations Pretoria for the 20 000km service. On the morning of 5 December 2006 my KLR cut out and did not want to start. Less than 1000km were traveled after the service. I contacted Centurion Lifestyle as the incident did not happen far from their shop. They came and collected my bike and took it to their workshop to determine the problem. On them opening my engine I was summonsed by them to have a look as the engine had seized. There was less than 140mm oil in the engine, the air filter had not been changed or cleaned, it still had a date with a koki on January 2006, this should have been changed with the service in October as well as the engine oil. The mechanics showed me the battery acid on the terminals which also indicated that the bike had not been serviced correctly. Under the seat there were loose parts (photos were taken) these parts could not just become loose.

I went to Race Preparations in Pretoria and explained my findings expressing that the bike was not serviced correctly. They said they would collect the KLR from Centurion Lifestyle the following day. The 7th December I phoned them and they said that it is not that bad, it?s only an oil ring, which is the only item I would need to pay for (recording). One week later when I phoned they said it was at the engineers and I will have my bike soon. On 12 January they got it back from the engineers. Thereafter they said that there were a few other parts that were needed each time ensuring me that I will have my bike soon. Each time I phoned they needed a new part or hadn?t received the parts but kept reassuring me that I would have my bike soon.

On 6 February 2006 I requested a loan bike as my bike had now been with them for 2 months, they promised me a loan bike which never materialized as they sold their demo bikes, then the loan bike was in a accident, then the loan bike never arrived at their shop. After weeks of excuses, they said that they will no longer give me a loan bike as my bike will be delivered to my home address on Saturday 10 March 2006. On 10 March 2006 they phoned me in the morning and advised that my bike was almost ready and will be delivered after work. In the afternoon I phoned them and asked what time it would be delivered then was told that the bike was 60% put together. Since 10 March I have been promised my bike everyday to no avail. I have been in contact with them as they do not keep in contact with me. I had given them a deadline which the never met.

I can not trust the workmanship of Race Preparations as it started off as only an oil ring problem, 3 months later and they have apparently re-done the entire engine and still cant deliver my bike in a working condition.

During this whole ordeal I never lost my cool with them although I was utterly disappointed every time they did not fulfill their promises. I feel that I have been patient enough and they have abused my patience.

I am disappointed in Kawasaki SA as I am still a Kawasaki owner/client but received no service or back up support as Race Preparations said that they had asked Kawasaki for a loan bike but Kawasaki did not deliver. I have now been without my KLR since 5 December 2006 and no one had made any effort in trying to assist.

I hereby appeal to Kawasaki as a last resort to rectify this problem by 23 March 2007 by giving me a new bike or sorting out the problem, I understand the bike is not under guarantee but the problem arose from an accredited Kawasaki dealership not servicing my KLR correctly in the first place.

Should no action be taken to rectify this problem, not only will I be forced to take legal action but would need to advise the public on my findings via the internet and press using my recordings and photos. I would advise against any prospective Kawasaki buyer to purchase a Kawasaki as there is no support, more so, not to have their bike serviced at Race Preparations due to the lack of commitment thus far.

Awaiting your response.

Regards

Matthys Taljaard

edited by wino: cell no's