Wed 29th bonus,Exploring the Valley Of A Thousand Hills- Too scenic for words.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Badger

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I have had my eye on a few roads and tracks so I decided to go on an exploration ride. I am determined to get to know our awesome valley like the back of my hand.

When I lead rides I try and keep them flowing  where you can get into a good rythm so when I spot a possible new route I store the info for future use.....ie today.

I asked my mate Nigel to join me on his KDX200, easy ride for him and a Hectic ride for me....... :thumleft:  It also helps that he can go down a path and check it out before I head down and get jammed with the Badger. On a previous ride we had to pull the GSA over a granite ridge with ropes and locals........ Dont want to do that again :biggrin:

The weather was great without a cloud in the sky and cooking hot in the valley.

We dropped down from Bothas Hill onto the dirt and headed down towards the Inanda River and routed towards Nagel Dam along awesome mountain side roads.

There are the most spectacular granite domes in this area. Many a minute was spent contimplating riding up them..... Watch this space :mwink:

The views were supurb and I cant wait to go back.......10 mins from my front door..... :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: 

We met a local on top of a hill top overlooking Nagel Dam and made connections for our future visits. He will arrange drinks. I was introduced to his mom and his cows on top of it. Lekker.

All the tracks worked out and a fun ride was had. I will let the pics speak for themselves

Attachments

• Wednesday ride with Nige & Miss Molly 29.12.10 007.jpg
    Wednesday ride with Nige & Miss Molly 29.12.10 007.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 208
  • Wednesday ride with Nige & Miss Molly 29.12.10 015.jpg
    Wednesday ride with Nige & Miss Molly 29.12.10 015.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 200
  • Wednesday ride with Nige & Miss Molly 29.12.10 018.jpg
    Wednesday ride with Nige & Miss Molly 29.12.10 018.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 204
  • Wednesday ride with Nige & Miss Molly 29.12.10 029.jpg
    Wednesday ride with Nige & Miss Molly 29.12.10 029.jpg