Manna stopped lurking - Hi all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manna69247

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
Hi,

I've been lurking for a year now, on and off.

I've had a Suzuki LTZ 400 ATV before it was donated to the previous disadvantage, with my daughters Polaris 90 which she loved.  Just opened the garage, hooked on trailer and go - no insurance.  The didn't even had to tie them down, it was tied down for them, helmets, boots and petrol can (I think they were after the petrol), all gone.  That was 2007.  I saw that I can handle not to be a hooligan on the LTZ (I've been a hooligan in cars when I was younger and that is why I never tried bikes) and I bought a Yamaha FZ6 2008 to have the joy of riding more frequently than only every other weekend.  Again I proofed to matured and manage the head to throttle thing very well.

After I got married 2 years ago, I sold the FZ6, only because of financial reasons, my wife enjoys riding with me and was furious when she found out I sold the bike.  She would like her own Baby Ninja (or new CBR 250), but we will get to that in future when she can hold her own. 

I've been longing for a Triumph Street Triple but could not financially justify a bike through a financial difficult stage.  Well FINALLY I could get back on 2 again in the next few months. With all the open spaces in South Africa I decided that I would like to get back to the dirty side.  I'll be getting a Triumph Tiger 800XC ABS but because they will only be in ZA by June, I would like to get a Suzuki DRZ 400E somewhere in Feb. It will be some sentiment because it has the same engine as my LTZ 400, I can start riding and my wife can start to learn to use bike gears & clutch on something that is okay to go down.

I enjoy all the information and stories in an 'eg Suid Afrikaanse forum'.

See you on the rode (from my cage for now).
Manna