Austrian Bike , no more ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veemax

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Oh well , no more Orange in my stable. 44 000km of kTM riding, used where KTM's should be used , owned both 950 and 640 . I am now down to a DR and KLR. It's been fun.

My 640 has gone to a good mate , found a nice home.

One of the reasons I sold , there are but a few , but one of them is , I WILL NOT BE SHAFTED UP THE ASS ON PARTS PRICES , wake up people !!!

I will NOT pay R860 again, for a R270 part ( USA retail ) , that costs R40 to make. Forget it. I am a wealthy bastard , I can afford it, but it is a matter of principle.

Japanese thank you , with a few mods ( well , actually , some extreme mods ! Like 36% more power ) , and I'm back out there , back on the pace , into the real world , a world without BRAND or LIFESTYLE or IMAGE and all that crap. I won't pay TRIPLE for bullshit.  Hell, I don't mind paying for race pedigree , or hitech materials , or R&D , but I won't pay for bullshit.

Be on the lookout for the old cranky dude on the modified Jap bike thats been doing this stuff long before this forum was born , he might just surprise yer , with his mainstream , ordinary, ubiquitous japanese motorcycle ...  >:D