Tamed the mud demon - for now "complete"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bike bum

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
My boet phoned me yesterday morning at 7:00, and asked if we are going for a bit of a gravel run after the rain. So i got ready and took the drive out to Boshkop (to his plot) to meet up with him and a friend. Jaco on a 1150 GS/A , Mauritz on a 1200GS and me on the 800GS.
We had a quick coffee and left for the ride. The first few roads weren’t to bad mud wise, and we took a circle route out towards Cullinan. There we had a bite and decided to follow the GPS towards Rust de winter. After a fair bit of tar and a short gravel section we turned of on a lesser used gravel road towards the Rust de winter police station.
Now this is where it got interesting. The road was ok, until we started getting a long strait section with puddles and pools all over the show about 2km in. Took the first few, no problem and as we got used to the conditions got a little wintgat and took some of the bigger ones at higher speed.....bad idea. I ended up hitting a pool about 20-25m long with water splashing over my helmet and suddenly the line i chose was a bit more than i bargained for. The 800 died in the middle of a knee deep pool of water. We pushed her out and began opening up the air filter.

Attachments

• Pool.jpg
    Pool.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 303
  • Bike open.jpg
    Bike open.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 306