Rebel Stofrot, Lost tail and Still Unfinished Business

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JourneyMan

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
After arriving at the meeting place and phoning Ou Ryperd awake :twisted: :wink: , Spyker got a call from his sister having problems with their garage door not opening. Lost key. They are moving that day and must get the door open. Thumbs up to Spyker for looking out for thefamily. After trying to arrange different solutions, he got on his bike and rode the 100km?s back to help the sister. Respect! 8)

The telephone call.

Mab001.jpg

So off I went on my own. Was a bit coldish but good to be on the road. I took it easier than the previous times and enjoyed every moment.

First dirt at Pienaarsrivier. Level two most of the way. Corrigations and loose sand/pebbly roads.

Mab002.jpg

Seeing at the mirror pics are high fashion, I tried my own. :roll:

Mab003.jpg

First stop. Enjoying the bosveld ?quietness?, onlr interrupted by bird calls. Lots of bosduiwe.

Mab004.jpg

Mab005.jpg

Mab007.jpg

Corrigations.

Mab010.jpg

Road hazards of a different kind. Had to make quite a few sudden stops encountering donkeys and cattle. I think there was 200+ donkeys on/next to the road during the trip! :shock:

Mab012.jpg

FNB still has not installed a ATM at the money tree. :lol:

Mab013.jpg

Gideon?s Highway! :twisted: :D

Mab014.jpg

Smokebreak

Mab015.jpg

Mab018.jpg

Mab017.jpg

Got to the intersection where I went left, the one to complete the original trip planning. (Turned out I got it wrong again anyway. :roll: )

Mab019.jpg

Mab021.jpg

Another playing ground discovered.

Mab022.jpg

Went through quite a big settlement/town on the way. Eventually saw a turnoff and took it. The straight ?on option said Temba/Pretoria and I did not want to go there. At this stage I started doubting the route I took but pressed on.

Got to this intersection and took a smoke break. I decided to go right as it seems the correct direction ito my original planning.

Mab023.jpg

Before I got on, I suddenly noticed this! :shock: :shock: :(

Mab024.jpg

After getting over the shock, I had to decide on plan of action. Go back and search for the missing pieces or go ahead. The biking thing not really part of the budget, I decided to try and locate the missing pieces and see what can be salvaged to keep repair cost down to a minimum.

Took a look at the pics already taken to determine where the light fitting thing might have gone buy-buy. A 37km stretch. Retraced to that point and rode it up and down at around 15km/h. Did not find it. :( Either got thrown deeper of into the bush or someone picked it up.

Before and after. From here to where I discovered the missing tail light. 37km.

Mab015.jpg

Mab026.jpg

Got going again only for Stofrot to start giving problems. Bike did not want to idle. As soon as clutch is pulled/or bike is in neutral, it goes dead. Maybe some dust. I don?t know. Decided to forego the trip from there and get on to the R101. Dirt to Bela-Bela and then the R101.

Took a smoke break and while doing that, I walked around the bike, idly kicking the tyres, looking at where the light unit tore of etc. Got on the bike and voila!. Stofrot is going again when clutch is in and/or idling! Just needed a kick in the but, it seems. :D

Confidence restored but time now against me, I took the Boekenhoutskloof dirt and then back home.

Mab028.jpg

356km. It seems the Mabelingwe trip is poking fun at me but I will complete it. That is for sure!

Now I?m in for some repairs. Will micfro fische the parts invloved and get an e-mail off to the dealers. :(