Victoria Falls ride. Stupid? Or Awesome idea?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

witold_dc

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
The idea has been in my mind for a little while now and I can't get it out of my head.   :mwink:

I'm thinking of taking three weeks off from work and flying into Johannesburg, riding to Victoria Falls, getting myself to the Mozambique coast, and then slowly back to Joburg... Would this be a good, fun, interesting ride?  

If so, will I have problems security wise?  I'm an Africa Newb, but not travel newb.  

Are accommodations fairly easy to find around this route, or will I have to seriously plan each night's stay ahead of time?  I generally like to ride and explore and see where the bike takes me, but if it's necessary to plan, I guess I will have to plan.

And lastly, are there any good _cheap_ rentals in Johannesburg.  I'm not a rich foreigner, just an average guy with a bit of an itch to ride and see cool places.  I can't afford fancy BMWs and KTMs to rent for 3 weeks.  That really adds up quick.  Do you guys know of any better budget options around Johannesburg?    ???