Who says men can't multi-task?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adventurer

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
In December last year I contacted Bailey Schneider of 94.7 Highveld radio station and asked her to arrange something special for Mark Pilgrim and my daughter Kaylee...
Mark had been part of the Reach for a Dream Foundation and was the presenter for Big Brother at the time, (9 years ago) at that stage Kaylee's wish to be granted by Reach for a Dream was for her to do a tour of the Big Brother set, she had recently completed her chemotherapy.
Mark orchestrated the entire thing, Kaylee was spoilt rotten at the BB house and also featured on one of the eviction nights on live TV.
My question to Bailey was whether she could arrange a suprise visit for Kaylee at their studios, it was to be suprise for Mark too, I heard him taking serious strain while presenting the Xmas Wish List on more than one occasion and thought it would be cool for him to see Kaylee after so many years, IMO there are just far too few cancer success stories, but Kaylee and Mark are 2 of them, both having beaten cancer.
Anyway, Bailey organised everything and the scene was set, I arrived at the 94.7 studios one afternoon, Kaylee in tow, blissfully unaware of anything, quite chuffed that I had to deliver a copy of Biker Lifetyle to Bailey, (my excuse for going there)  Bailey met us downstairs and took us up to the recording studios where the suprise meeting took place just before going on air, Mark was overjoyed, as was Kaylee! Anyway, we were invited to sit on the afternoon show where Mark proceeded to interview Kaylee on air, it was amazing!
Anyone who thinks guys can't multi-task must see Mark in action in that studio, he has 5 computer screens around him, plus the airtime control board, telephones galore...he handles the lot, as well as presents the show, anyone who thinks DJs park off and just talk are mistaken, Mark and Bailey are busy the whole time, the studio is a hive of activity, the news and sports presenters pop in and out and do there bit....hectic!
Below are a few pics, apologies for the poor quality, taken with a cellphone, in my haste I forgot to take a camera with me.
A HUGE thank you to Bailey for organising this, and to Mark for making it a special occasion for Kaylee.

Attachments

• 94.7 - 1.JPG
    94.7 - 1.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 440
  • 94.7 - 2.JPG
    94.7 - 2.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 425
  • 94.7 - 3.JPG
    94.7 - 3.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 429
  • 94.7 - 4.JPG
    94.7 - 4.JPG