The proof of the pudding...is in the service!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koplamp

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
My blue-biked-brother (alias Batman) and I departed on Thursday afternoor for some Garden Route, the Hell and Baviaans weekend adventure fun. We planned to sleep in Wilderness, gooi from George to Oudtshoorn for brekkie and then have lunch in the Hell, sleep somewhere in the Baviaans, only out on Sunday and back home for the new week.

All went well until I heard a noise from my bike's final drive as I arrived in Oudtshoorn. It sounded like a bearing was nearing the end of its life or something. I decided to call a certain special number and ask for help before something serious happened. Within 30 minutes the dealer principle from George arrived to collect me and Batman. Both bikes strapped on the trailer we were whisked away to George in air-conditioned luxury. There my bike was taken straight into the workshop where the technician immediately focused on getting me back on the road and back to my weekend adventure. I was taken to the customer services lady and offered refreshments etc. etc. etc. After a short while I was told that the problem has been located and that new part is to be ordered. They enquired as to my plans for the weekend, which I have pretty much given up on at that stage. The dealer principle again apologized for the wait and asked if I?d be patient for say another half hour or so while they quickly finish the PDI on a brand new bike they just took out of the box to allow me to continue on my weekend adventure. Mine will be fixed and sent to Cape Town where I can collect it.

Back on the road with a brand new bike on loan, all my kit transferred and strapped on I was singing with joy in my helmet as I enjoyed the luxury of wondering how I will ever be able to beat this kind of service.