on a rainy sunday morning - Laurika, Sweetspot, Gelandenschwein.-now PHOTOS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurika

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
I decided to give Jules’s ride a miss and solo a Sunday. At last moment  Sweetness and Gelandenswine(spelling?) decided to brave the weather and join me.
We met at Pinehaven. I love sitting there and just watch the bikes coming in, I could do it all day! Lately the police also hang around, and check out number plates and reprimand when there are none…
We left at 8.30 in the direction of Magalies with the intent to do a bit of Koster roads that I last rode on my birthday.
I managed to find the correct roads, the conditions were moist but really fun, no dust for a change.
I recalled a turnoff that we also took a while ago, and it offered a lovely alternative road in the malgalies/koster direction. It was such lovely riding that no one took pictures.

Only at Veltdrift service station did we remember to take a pic, we also tested out the W wild dog hand wave….Sweetspot and I both seems to be a bit ‘eye-hand challenged’  with the W …it turned into a 4 finger wave.

After some beers and breakfast in Magalies (very few bikers) we set out for the solid old skeerpoort road, great condition after the rain, had fun, crossed 2 damaged bridges with trees blocking the bridge and a low water bridge completely destroyed…amazing and green everywhere….
Ended up at Van gaalen cheese factory…it started raining…so we settled in for a cheese picnic and some Mitchells beer…eventually it became apparent that the rain was not going to stop, so we slabbed it back to joburg.
Very very wet.  strangely I spent most of my holidays trying to stay dry on my solo trip, only to be caught with my pants down so close to home….
Soaking soaking, hot shower…what a lovely day… thanks guys, it was a pleasure to have you gents along. Next one, Sacred forest?

Attachments

• IMG_3390_1.JPG
    IMG_3390_1.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_3394_1.JPG
    IMG_3394_1.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_3398_1.JPG
    IMG_3398_1.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_3400_1.JPG
    IMG_3400_1.JPG