• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: Motorcycle for rent!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

witold_dc

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Well guys, what can I say, I'm itching to get a taste of Africa on 2 wheels.  I've been reading the ride reports and checking out the WD forums and it looks like quite a proper adventure can be had in your neck of the woods.  Guys at advrider pointed me here, and I think I would like to fly into Johannesburg for 3 weeks, ride to Victoria Falls via Botswana and Zimbabwe,  then To Mozambique coast, and follow the coast back into South Africa and eventually Johannesburg.  

If I make this happen, I will have traveled around on 5 continents via bike, which is a bit of a personal goal of mine.  I am an experienced rider from Washington, DC, USA. (31 yo, licensed, riding many years/miles).  My moto is my primary mode of transportation.  You can see a handful of old ride reports on my local forum https://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/search.php?searchid=3713410

Thailand ride,
n2.JPG

Bogota, Colombia historic neighborhood ride,
La_Candelaria.JPG

Niagra Falls ride - no way is Victoria Falls this touristy.  Not possible.  
DSC_0073_p.jpg

Skydive Ride - notice the Alpinestar Supertechs, gear saves lives, you know
90.jpg

Nova Scotia ride,
DSC_0342_P.jpg

Good Old West Virginia ride,
dsc_0194.jpg

Sometimes I'm a bit of a poster, (I'm on the left, making a mad run up the steps in 100F degree weather to beat the 10 sec camera timer.)
dsc_0289.jpg

with a weakness for big portions of good food,
DSC_0129_w.jpg

But here is the thing...

It is rather hard to find a budget bike rental in SA.  I thought there might be someone renting out older bikers, but it seems like the market is dominated by BMW places renting for 100USD/day and they don't budge much at all on 20 day rental rates.  

So this is the spot I am in currently, looking for leads and advice, posting to see if anyone has a reliable 2nd bike they don't mind renting out, and keeping my fingers crossed.

Any advice, recommendations, leads?   :mwink: