Boer strips his moer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watermat

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
During the second week of December 2006 I took my favourite toy to the friendly dealer in Skelmbos for a minor oil leak on the side of the motor. The friendly technician had to remove the clutch in order to replace an oil seal. Then I waited untill the first week in January 2007 for new parts to arrive (holidays, holidays, holidays). Got the scooter back about three days later.

Then?.about a month ago, I noticed a little oil leak underneath the bike. Took it back to the friendly dealer in Skelmbos and the diagnoses from the friendly technician was not good this time round.

Apparently the main gasket needed to be replaced and it became a monster of a job. This meant removing and splitting the engine (frame mounts onto the engine). The service advisor promised me that the bike would be repaired by Friday, but by Friday afternoon there was still no answer from the dealership. Today, after being without the two wheels for nearly a month, I decided to pay the friendly dealership a visit.

The good news is that the engine is rebuilt and the bike will be freed from its dangling ropes (to keep everything together). Luckily for me the bike is still under warranty.

The part that worries me is that the dealer principle?s mate brought his bike in for some major repair work (also under warranty). And I?m just wondering whether I would lose my place in the queue to that of the DP?s ?tjommie?.

It is nearly Easter and I will definitely not get my wheels before the long weekend. The long and short of the story is?. I?m going to lose my sense of humor one of these days ? my deadline is Tuesday 10 April 2007.

Daarna gaan die poppe dans.