Taken out this morning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moondog

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
Commuting to work this morning - three block before reaching our offices, turning right out of Grayston under a green arrow, and a fellow in a 19voetsak Datsun jumps the red robot and connects me full on the front left. Bike went down, but I was fortunately not hurt at all - other than a bit of bruising on the knee. The bike however does not look great - I firmly believe that the W@H crashbars did a lot to save my leg, but they bent badly, crushing shouds and the radiator. So it's off to BMW with backup from Outsurance  :-\

Took a few photos - the car doesn't look good, but it's hard to tell with all the previous damage as to what is new and what is old  :xxbah:

Took a photo of his licence - expired in 2009 - so I ask him about it. No, he says the cops took his current disk away and will give it back to him when he fixes the huge crack across his windsceen.

Anyway - such is Africa - I will be in the bakkie for the next few weeks - I hope BMW Lyndhurst don't have stock issues with the parts.

Attachments

• Accident Damage-s.JPG
    Accident Damage-s.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 815
  • IMG00199-20110114-0842-s.jpg
    IMG00199-20110114-0842-s.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 828