Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: KTM SE in snow?  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
KTM SE in snow?
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2007, 03:28:32 pm »
Quote from: "Lito"
Quote from: "Kev"
Quote from: "shark_za"
riding a SE is all pose

That is a very narrow minded comment.

we are talking about shark after all..........

he is the last word on being real remember and having no pose value with 2 guns and a x3

:roll:  :wink:

So what does that make me with my 3 guns, 4 bikes, landrover and wheelbarrow :scratch: :dontknow:  :)

Jis julle manne is beytchie op so donnerdag mirrag ne :D Mmmmeeeeeeeeeooooaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww  :wink:
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • BANNED TROLL
KTM SE in snow?
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 04:23:33 pm »
hey dude, come to think of it, it was a silly comment.

fair play

but who the hell used to preach so much about everything being a competition and being insecure and stuff? Shark.

Now, hes the one pontificating with transparent authority on what is pose value and whats a real bike and whats a kak rider.

fk that. If Spyker wants boobs, let him have them. If he wants a Super Endur cos it looks hawt, then all power be to him

Ag screw it - Mav ure a poser deluxe.... cos your wellies have gay flowers on them

:twisted:

Offline spyker

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
  • Meet the twins!
KTM SE in snow?
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 06:41:08 pm »
Quote from: "Lito"

fk that. If Spyker wants boobs, let him have them. If he wants a Super Endur cos it looks hawt, then all power be to him

I want boobs!! :D I want the SE, the WR450F and I wanna a Ferrari! :D :D
Agter osse kom ook in die kraal

Offline Mark Hardy

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
KTM SE in snow?
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 09:28:24 pm »
You might be seen as poser on a 950SE at the fisrt race but after a year I can garrentee your riding skills will be 100% improved and other riders will look at you in a diffirent light. Buy the bike you want and FU&K want other people think or say, most of the time it's because they don't have the balls to be diffirent and follow their own path but would rather hide in the pack so that they can hide their inadequics. Learn to ride the bike and I am sure that it will go round pretty much any endro course that is set for the weekend racers.

Shark this rant is not aimed at you, but I see red when some one expresses interest in some thing and then gets shot down with such lame reasons as posing.

shark_za

KTM SE in snow?
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2007, 11:17:09 am »
Spyker brought the competition angle in, not me, the SE is not featuring in any competition in SA, not even weekend enduro riding.
Only HP2's seen were on the Bosveld farm race and they were roosted to hell by almost every other bike.

These bikes are toys, and awesome fun.  But race bikes they are not, unless you take the once a year special events like the Ertzberg. And even then, the HP2 and SE didnt make it past the 1st quarter of the real course. Up a dirt road they are superfast but they are too powerfull for technical riding. Height and weight also make them unsuited.
So yeah, if your idea of offroad riding is mild tech stuff with lots of top end speed on open roads, go for it. It will look cool at Doodles.
But if you want to ride all over a spot like De Wildt then go for the WR450.

Will I get one, yeah, probably will later. Not sure if it will be HP2 or SE, the offroad advantage of the SE is not needed in the type of riding I see myself doing on it. Going out for a ride on something totally over the top and impractical has its appeal.