Took my KLR sightseeing - this is what we saw! (Please add!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLRChris

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Some time ago I took my KLR sightseeing - we enjoyed it very much :) This is what we saw:

1. N1 from PTA to Prince Albert (and the Karoo)
kN1enKaroo.jpg

2.Showed my KLR the road to Hell :)
Gamkaskloofsmall.jpg

3. And what the Hell actually looks like! (Turns out, it is a lekker plek)
kOnderindiehell.jpg

4.Some water on the way (KLR enjoyed this, but rocks are quite slippery with Anakees!)
kSomeWAterhell.jpg

5.Took KLR on only working pont in SA (this was fun)
kpont.jpg

6.Saw some nice mountains and dirt passes
test.jpg

7.Took KLR for some sunbathing (Look how hard sand was - stand worked on beach!)(This was tricky with Anakees also)
kstrand.jpg

8.Then for some fish & chips at a harbor (looks like the Stig from top gear hey)
kStilbaaihawe.jpg

9.Southernmost point in SA, as far as one can possibly go (TAKE THAT EWAN AND CHARLIE HAHA)
kSouthernmost.jpg

10. We then went for rock-climbing near Paternoster - wow this was something, and heaps of fun! (We both were very careful not to ride over anything that is not pure rock / vegetation, so no harm done!)
kRocksbeach.jpg

11. Took luggage off and showed KLR that Kringe in die Bos was in fact fiction (The points in Knysna)
kKnysnaPoints.jpg

12. Put it all back again and we did some twisties! On tar :( but, KLR enjoyed it
kTwisties.jpg

13. OK well technically this is not KLR( but it was there), but Rudi on his BMW 650, but this does something for one's soul
fotorudi.jpg

14.KLR and Anakees loved this road - cruized at about 120kmh for hundreds of kms around here!
distance.jpg

Where did you take your KLR lately??