Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Dumbass Harley Rider  (Read 4081 times)

Offline Rynet

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Re: Dumbass Harley Rider
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2011, 12:10:23 pm »
The Harley chap can't control his own bike, should go for training. Video funny.

2SD, is yawn, always the same......  But since this is a forum, he is as much entitled to his opinion as everybody else, like it or not. It's kind of like radio, if you don't like the sation, don't listen to it and then complain. Your choice.
With respect King Louis I have been listening to the dripping tap for two years longer than you , give it a year or two and it will be like nails on a blackboard to you too. 2SD all by himself is reducing the nice feelings I have about the WD site. I do not want to have discussions with him anymore as he fights dirty and does not listen to what anyone else says so it is pointless. So yes you are right , at this point I must stop moaning and make a decision whether I can put up with the constant dripping tap or whether it will be easier on my sanity to just leave the site altogether or partly ( just be a lurker )  . Unless there is a way to block all his comments from my view ? I am starting to think that 2SDan's motivation is to chase BMW riders away from this site , and he will be happy if I do leave the site . Once again everyone , apologies for the loss of my sense of humour .....I am sure it will come back soon  :thumleft:

Offline ahlbebuck

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • G450X, CRF450R, XR200R
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2011, 12:28:49 pm »
Rynet, as I understand it the new forum software will give you the option to block selected member posts. You don't have to leave.

Internet 101: DON'T FEED THE TROLL!  :mwink:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, its an electrical problem!

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • Music Ramblings by a serial hobbyist
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2011, 12:32:41 pm »

I try so hard.

And every now and then I fail.

:(
02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline GlenInk

• Elliot`s only
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLE 500
  • R.I.P. 02/02/2012
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2011, 12:38:53 pm »
I`m sure there is an ignore function !
Quote from: buzzlightyear
"Does your ass not get jealous of all the crap that comes out of your mouth?" 

Put brain into gear before opening mouth !   Believe it, cos its true !     Yamaha IT 200; Kawasaki KLE 500 The Ox Wagon  

Offline GlenInk

• Elliot`s only
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLE 500
  • R.I.P. 02/02/2012
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2011, 12:41:21 pm »
I`m sure there is an ignore function !

I see its for pm only  :P
Quote from: buzzlightyear
"Does your ass not get jealous of all the crap that comes out of your mouth?" 

Put brain into gear before opening mouth !   Believe it, cos its true !     Yamaha IT 200; Kawasaki KLE 500 The Ox Wagon  

Offline Aquatic

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
    • Ratel Engineering Design
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2011, 12:55:29 pm »

But all I did was post a funny Harley video!!!!
The conundrum that is life...
You have to be absolutely smashed to have the guts to attempt it,
But perfectly sober to achieve any success!

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2011, 12:56:45 pm »

But all I did was post a funny Harley video!!!!

Yeah it's the rest of us.

Again - apologies.

:( :( :(
02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline Aquatic

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
    • Ratel Engineering Design
« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2011, 12:58:16 pm »
Sorry, on my cell. VERY tongue in cheek
The conundrum that is life...
You have to be absolutely smashed to have the guts to attempt it,
But perfectly sober to achieve any success!

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2011, 12:58:39 pm »
:biggrin:

Offline King Louis

« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2011, 01:02:04 pm »
With respect King Louis I have been listening to the dripping tap for two years longer than you , give it a year or two and it will be like nails on a blackboard to you too. 2SD all by himself is reducing the nice feelings I have about the WD site. I do not want to have discussions with him anymore as he fights dirty and does not listen to what anyone else says so it is pointless. So yes you are right , at this point I must stop moaning and make a decision whether I can put up with the constant dripping tap or whether it will be easier on my sanity to just leave the site altogether or partly ( just be a lurker )  . Unless there is a way to block all his comments from my view ? I am starting to think that 2SDan's motivation is to chase BMW riders away from this site , and he will be happy if I do leave the site . Once again everyone , apologies for the loss of my sense of humour .....I am sure it will come back soon  :thumleft:
[/quote]

I hear you and I understand you and others.....Just don't lower yourself to the same level, keep your humour for the rest of us. In this case I guess ignorance is sheer bliss, ne?

Don't feed the troll isn't really an option, too many subjects on our lovely beemers by too many supporters, ie. always open to be shot down verbally by somebody with more than just a gripe against a particular make. Not worth it, if you ask me.

Keep your goods spirits up. :ricky:

Offline Rynet

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2011, 01:10:31 pm »

I hear you and I understand you and others.....Just don't lower yourself to the same level, keep your humour for the rest of us. In this case I guess ignorance is sheer bliss, ne?

Don't feed the troll isn't really an option, too many subjects on our lovely beemers by too many supporters, ie. always open to be shot down verbally by somebody with more than just a gripe against a particular make. Not worth it, if you ask me.

Keep your goods spirits up. :ricky:[/quote]

Yes I will , thanks for cheering me up King Louis  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2011, 01:12:49 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:13:18 pm by Operator »

Offline JC

« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2011, 01:35:27 pm »
almal bash 2SD net so erg soos wat hy BMW's kan bash. Wat is beter ???

Hy raak nie persoonlik nie, maar baie mense hier raak persoonlik?

praat nou 'n slaggie stront oor Harley's en Honda's asb

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2011, 01:43:19 pm »

Met alle respek - hy word net so nou en dan aangevat waar hy enige moontlike en onmoontlike kans aangryp om 'n eiertjie te lÍ.

Van ons gebruik nie elke kans wat ons het om ons persoonlike voor- (en af) keure/'brand haat' gal te braak op enige thread wat iets met die topic uit te waai het of nie.

En sy statements is nie so 'onpersoonlik' soos wat gesÍ word nie.
By implikasie word die karakters van die BMW eienaars aangeval (gryp na sanitÍre doekies comments bv).
Hulle (ons) moet gereeld hoor hoe vervelig en oor die muur ons is en hoe ons nie verstaan waaroor dit gaan nie en nog nie die lig gesien het nie.

Die enigste ding wat ek aan kan dink wat ek hierin verkeerd gedoen het was om toe te laat dat ek self opgeref word deur baie obvious en deursigtige troll tactics.

En when it 'comes down to it' as jy die crowd se logika volg wat sÍ dat hierdie net die internet is en nie persoonlik opgeneem hoef te word nie dan net die volgende:

2StrokeDan (die internet profile) is maar eintlik 'n hartseer geval wat sy vervelige saai ou internet bestaan moet probeer ophelder deur die heel tyd te probeer om 'n paar ander internet profiles die harnas in te jaag.
Somtyds (soos nou) werk dit en somtyds nie.

Let dan asseblief op dat ek niks te sÍ het oor Danie die man van Stellenbosch nie, maar wel teen die onskuldige en anonieme internet gebruiker profile wat ons hier op 'n onskuldige en anonieme interweb forum ontmoet en leer ken het.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:51:10 pm by Eisbein »

Offline JC

« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2011, 01:57:17 pm »

Met alle respek - hy word net so nou en dan aangevat waar hy enige moontlike en onmoontlike kans aangryp om 'n eiertjie te lÍ.

Van ons gebruik nie elke kans wat ons het om ons persoonlike voor- (en af) keure/'brand haat' gal te braak op enige thread wat iets met die topic uit te waai het of nie.

En sy statements is nie so 'onpersoonlik' soos wat gesÍ word nie.
By implikasie word die karakters van die BMW eienaars aangeval (gryp na sanitÍre doekies comments bv).
Hulle (ons) moet gereeld hoor hoe vervelig en oor die muur ons is en hoe ons nie verstaan waaroor dit gaan nie en nog nie die lig gesien het nie.

Die enigste ding wat ek aan kan dink wat ek hierin verkeerd gedoen het was om toe te laat dat ek self opgeref word deur baie obvious en deursigtige troll tactics.

En when it 'comes down to it' as jy die crowd se logika volg wat sÍ dat hierdie net die internet is en nie persoonlik opgeneem hoef te word nie dan net die volgende:

2StrokeDan (die internet profile) is maar eintlik 'n hartseer geval wat sy vervelige saai ou internet bestaan moet probeer ophelder deur die heel tyd te probeer om 'n paar ander internet profiles die harnas in te jaag.
Somtyds (soos nou) werk dit en somtyds nie.

Let dan asseblief op dat ek niks te sÍ het oor Danie die man van Stellenbosch nie, maar wel teen die onskuldige en anonieme internet gebruiker profile wat ons hier op 'n onskuldige en anonieme interweb forum ontmoet en leer ken het.

nou wat het dit met Harley's en Honda's te doen  ;D

ek hoor wat jy sÍ. Dis seker omdat ek in my hart 'n KLR ryer is dat ek nie worry wat mense oor tipes bikes te sÍ het nie.

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2011, 02:07:16 pm »
Dis seker omdat ek in my hart 'n KLR ryer is dat ek nie worry wat mense oor tipes bikes te sÍ het nie.

Dit gaan oor baie meer as net dit.

Brand bashing is niks nuuts nie en dis fine by me.
Ek is gemaklik met wat ek ry en wie ek is.

Die issue is dat jy merrily aan die lees is aan een of ander fred en dan uit die bloudte weer alles in dieselfde rigting sien gaan.
Dis soos die ou in ons area wat 1uur in die nag verby loop in die straat met sy vuvuzela.
Een of twee keer is 'n non issue.
Maar vir 6 maande lank elke nag ?

Ek dink dis die probleem - dit gaan nie oor die brand bashing vir my nie - dit gaan oor die aktiewe en berekende gatkrappery die heel tyd.

Iemand soos ETS kan maar al die BMW bashing threads begin wat hy wil. Dit is elke keer snaaks en ek geniet dit baie om hom (of Orange Swifty) terug te chirp. Maar daar is nie hierdie ander ding wat net onder die oppervlak sit wanneer hulle dit doen nie. En ek kry die gevoel hulle doen dit net vir wat dit is en nie om te kyk of hulle BMW eienaars die moer in kan maak nie.

En op die ou ent is dit die konstante 'kom ek kyk of ek die BMW eienaars se moere kan strip' posts wat my moer strip en nie die bashing as sulks nie.

My persoonlike gevoel is in elkgeval dat iemand 'n internet persona wat homself die heel tyd ten koste van ander ouens probeer vermaak (veral om die heel tyd te probeer knoppies soek om te druk) bietjie van 'n skroef los het.

Ek wou iets lelik van jou XR sÍ maar ek kan seriously nie aan iets dink nie.

Die KLR aan die ander kant...
:)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 02:09:05 pm by Eisbein »

Offline JC

« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2011, 02:25:45 pm »

Ek wou iets lelik van jou XR sÍ maar ek kan seriously nie aan iets dink nie.

Die KLR aan die ander kant...
:)

bwhaaahaaaa

bitch ;D

daai XR is goed vir fokol, dit kan nie langpad ry nie want die tank is te klein en die seat te hard. Dit kan nie motocross nie want die suspension is te pap. Dit kan nie om draaie nie want dis te hoog.  Hoe's daai vir 'n begin.

Die harley ou is 'n chop (net om op topic te bly)

Offline Rynet

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2011, 02:42:54 pm »
I confess that I wish this thread would now be allowed to die a quite death.  It really bought out the worse in some of us , myself included . Time to bury the hatchet and move on to other threads ..... but that is probably too much to ask  :imaposer:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 04:15:18 pm by Rynet »

Offline MrBig

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Triumph 955 Tiger
  • Stellenbosch
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2011, 04:30:06 pm »

We expect of members to not only abide by the rules but we also rely on them to help us see to it that this forum stays the way it was originally intended. An important aspect of a properly run forum is to ensure that topics are sorted into relevant boards and that off-topic banter is minimized in certain areas.
If you feel that any specific post does not belong in a certain thread or is against the rules and spirit of the forum please USE THE REPORT TO MODERATOR option.

So please:
Stick to the topic or go start your own thread under the relevant board
Refrain from 'backseat modding'
No personal attacks
Brand bashing is not allowed - state facts only

"I know you think you understand what I said, but what you don't understand is what I said is not what I mean."