Not quite the DS trip - lets call it QS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
Due to all the public holidays over March and April we decided to work in them all and make a week of it over Easter and the following week.

Two main trips were on the agenda.
The first was geeting the whole family down to the Swazi border over the Easter weekend and join Family Adventures ( www.familyadventures.co.za ) for their annual Easter Swazi Border Quad adventure.

The second is our trip down to Sani and Lesotho on the DS bikes the following week.

Our weekend was based in the Kromdraai camp - lekker log cabins - in the Songimvelo Nature Reserve (actually - just outside it)
We all brought along a few soccer balls and donated them to the local community

The Family Adventures crowd had marked out a few routes that took us along the swazi border and a few other interesting places.

The specific reason why I'm posting this in this forum is that there are some absolutely fantabulous DS routes in this area. Now some of the forum members have already posted pics and reports of the area, but I'm sure that you would like to see some more

Our base camp and the Kromdraai camp - nice bushveld setting

SwaziBorder005a.jpg

The first morning started with some necessary maintenance and repairs

SwaziBorder008a.jpg

After the first loop in the morning - about 60 to 70 km's we came back to camp for lunch.
My ride was not charging the battery and after stripping most of the plastics off we found the fault and made some temporary repairs

SwaziBorder010a.jpg

Even Wyfie managed to practice her favourite pastime

SwaziBorder015a.jpg

The afternoon loop was supposed to be a short 30km trip - but that was not to be - and IT TURNED INTO AN EPIC TRIP !!! - WATCH THIS SPACE

More later - going for brekkie (and the signal is not to good here - so this post up to here first)