Kruger Fence 2011--

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Well as i was on my lonesome --again --as i quite often find myself on ride  :( I decided to do the Kruger Fence between Matsulu up and past Numbi gate from south to North --

The clouds hung full and heavy as i started off with the promise of heavy rain to come --so what -- is that not part of the journey  ::)

The idea was to follow the service roads along the fence ---

Kruger to the right --Matsulu to the left --Where Bongani Mountain Lodge borders--

The Heavy rain clouds --were Not going awy by the looks of it -- ::)

The first water crossing --Luckily i was warned --it is very slippy from all the algae on the concrete --

It was  :mwink: Very --like putting your bike on a ice rink and trying to stay up --Not going to happen--

So i took a left and went through the river bed ---

Two strands of barbed wire keeping the animals back in Kruger Park -- :eek:

My first encounter with a tortoise on a ride for two years --- --saw a couple on the road --must have been the season --or the weather--

The gravel road on the otherside of the bridge i would be returning to Nelspruit --at the speed of sound --in the belting rain  ::)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The rest of the water crossings were all easy and no suprises like the firs one --the difference between concrete and sand--

From here on the road become very overgrown  and at times looked like it would run dead --it never did-

Then the BIGGEST  tortoise i have ever seen in my life  ???

Nearly the size of one of my Knobbies -- ::)

Just before Nunbi Gate --

Just over the tar and past Numbi gate --The Heavens opened and i hit the gravel Highway full tilt and headed back to Nelspruit --Not musch game along the fence this time of the year a--well that one can see as the grass is tall and the trees arte very dense --will go and ride it this winter when it is cooler and the bush has died down a bit ---