My Best Ride Yet --This Year--

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
The Rain has been a plenty the last few weeks and it looks as it has put a serious damper on most of us DS Motorcyclist Junkies :(

But I do believe that one needs to also go out and ride in these conditions ---or how will we ever learn –
I recall a time when I could not wait to ride in the mud for some training --Now days the sign of bad weather is a sure sign that a ride with a difference will experienced –
So it is more of an Adventure –Not knowing what to expect.

Are our ride reports not there to awaken the sleeping adventure inside of us making us want to just put some ATGATT on and ---GO RIDE –

Vaalwater was the destination as I had heard my favorite play ground had a lot of rain and this would be a great opportunity to ride in the thick sand –when wet –

Towed the bike there – was a good thing as it would give me more time to ride as on the bike it would take at least 5 hours to get there on the routes I usually ride –have also done them 100 of times and was looking to get there fresh and have fun-

Saturday morning after a great breakfast –I took the Road North to Visgat and my –Special road I love so much -  

The road ahead –some serious damage had been done in places –Just making it more fun--

Some Sable --

A little bit of Mud --

A road i have only shared with a handful of people --

Interesting rock formations--

Time for a rest --- and to just listen ---

And as i was listening --i heard this strange sound --and look what came to visit -- ::)

Sunset over Vaalwater -- What will tomorrow have in store --The Best is yet to come --

Sunday morning a route along Bakkers pass was taken and then back North towards Bulge Rivier --The normal game was found as usual --Rhino --Eland --Wildebees - Impala --Kudu --Gemsbok -and Rhino --Zebra as well as the first time i saw --Black Impala.

The Black Impala--

Bakkers Pass --No matter how many times i ride it --it still remains a thing of beauty and changes with the seasons --

Then -- The special road i know of was closed off for some reason  ??? Now us bikers find this a challenge  and just ride past the signs as if we did not see them at all  ::)

The first bridge --ah well that's just dandy --no problem --

Don't know what the fuss was about --the road looks great --

Some locals riding four wheel donkey power--

And then -- the next bridge --just enough space for a bike or pedestrian to cross over --The rain had basically destroyed it --cool---

Riding along i soon came to realize --NO TRACKS --on the road --Why ?

Then i saw --Why --the last bridge --was no more --

I had to somehow cross - if i went back i surely would run out of fuel--forward was the only way and it seemed doable --But i never took into consideration the depth of the mud beneath the water --

Had visions of me footing the 30 plus km out to get help when my Husky coughed for a spily second and then purred out after the back wheel hooked up --I could have kissed her there and then --just fell in love with her all over again--

And then 53km of this --yippeee

Oh -- i nearly forgot --i was having so much fun the elephant that nearly charged me i had forgotten about --

He was grazing close to the road and i thought i could sneak up to him --real close to thek some photies -- NOTE TO SELF -

Stay down wind in future. He sensed me and was not a happy chappy at all-when he looked like he was about to charge --i did not wait to see if it was the real thing or a mock charge  ::)

Well all in all it was a great two days of riding --

Highlights --the beauty of the place after all the rain --

Scary  moment --No not the water crossing seeing a 2m black mamba cross the road and i passed him on the his tail side as not to block his path --stand up in a split second on a third of his length and prepare to strike -- i wonder if ATGATT would have helped - ???