Vyansvlei

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OX

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Well my pland trip to Lesotho , Harding, berg etc didnt go as planned. I left home at exactly 8 am on friday am and headed south. Just before Rivonia road , I was passed by Skinny on that awesoem looking Pink 950 , I was listening to soem booming house tunes on headphones and realy lloking for ward to my trip. Just after the vaal river , I took an of ramp and heaede for the dirt. I stopped to take a pic , and when I hit the starter buttom to go again , the bike wouldnt start !!!! Oh well , just kick it , which i did and I carried on.
By the time I got to Heilbron the bike wouldnt go any further. The electrical system has to have some power for the bike to run and by now the battery was realy flat. I made a few calls and found out that wither the battery has a dead cell or its not charging. I decied to let it regenerate a bit and headed back. I only made it as far as Vyand Vlei petrol station where I waited for 5 hours to be rescued. LUCKLY they sold beer and al sorts of drinks , I have now mastered the games on my IPOD and ceel phone !"!!
It turns out the connection between the motor and the regulator came loose , I have now invested in a multimeter and have all the tools with me to completly overhaul the bike !!!

here are some pics.

dsc04778yq4.jpg

dsc04762pr1.jpg

dsc04761jv1.jpg

dsc04779sx8.jpg