Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Map Marker  (Read 456 times)

morfasie

Map Marker
« on: April 11, 2007, 07:21:58 am »
Hi guys,

I was just wondering? I saw a site where you can create markers on the South African map and then upload your own pic with descriptions and urls etc.  for example for accommodation, pics taken or things to see on the map

Do you guys think it would be nice if everybody could share their ride pics and info with everyone else so that if a person wanted to go on a new route, he could use that map to look at pics and recommendations etc.

:lol:

Offline Grootseun

Map Marker
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 08:49:39 am »
what's the addie for that map website.. would be realy interresting to have a look.

Offline Watty

• RIP 29-07-2011
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki Djebel 250XC
Map Marker
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 12:29:11 pm »
Good idea.  :wink: . Morfasie, you do not name the specific site, but the following site will allow you to do exactly what you propose:
Panoramio

Panoramio allows you to locate photos exactly over the place they were taken.
Every photo is linked with the place where it was taken physically on a map.
You can store up to 2 Gb, approximately 2000 photos with 4 Mega Pixels camera. Your photos are stored at your personal area (e.g. Morfasie's photos) in their original size and quality.

Optionally you can locate your photos in the place they were taken.  There is no need anymore to explain to your friends your travel route or where you took your photos.  They (i.e. all the other Wild Dogs!) simply log-on to the above site and view photos and travel routes uploaded by another member.

morfasie

Map Marker
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 01:46:29 pm »
Quote from: "Watty"
Good idea.  :wink: . Morfasie, you do not name the specific site, but the following site will allow you to do exactly what you propose:
Panoramio

Panoramio allows you to locate photos exactly over the place they were taken.
Every photo is linked with the place where it was taken physically on a map.
You can store up to 2 Gb, approximately 2000 photos with 4 Mega Pixels camera. Your photos are stored at your personal area (e.g. Morfasie's photos) in their original size and quality.

Optionally you can locate your photos in the place they were taken.  There is no need anymore to explain to your friends your travel route or where you took your photos.  They (i.e. all the other Wild Dogs!) simply log-on to the above site and view photos and travel routes uploaded by another member.

Thanks Watty, that is almost what I talked about, I am going to have a look at the site.

The response inside the forum seems a bit empty... :roll:

Offline brettp

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Blue boss.....
Map Marker
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 06:32:00 am »
sounds like a fantastic idea-would be keen  to know more about this site.
He who dies with the most toys, wins !!!!!

Offline MuttsNutts

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • 1200 Bayerische Motoren Werke Gelende Strasse Adve
Map Marker
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 07:41:29 am »
I must say I think its a good Idea and will support it, QUestion can you do something similar but with googe earth?

Offline Watty

• RIP 29-07-2011
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki Djebel 250XC
Map Marker
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 07:36:16 am »
Quote from: "MuttsNutts"
I must say I think its a good Idea and will support it, QUestion can you does something similar but with googe earth?

The Panoramio site do support overlaying in Google Earth.  Go and look at the following link http://www.panoramio.com/google-earth/.  Google Earth must however be installed on your PC in order for this feature of Panoramio to function.  Also go to the FAQ section of Panoramio for more info re viewing your images wrt mapping Panoramio FAQ