Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Why all the BMW bashing ?  (Read 3697 times)

Offline skillie

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Why all the BMW bashing ?
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2007, 05:00:20 pm »
Slide...

I WISH .... was meant to call the bluf on the stereotyping that happens here so often.
do not live in the CITY !!!!!

Extreme Velcro

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2007, 05:02:19 pm »
Quote from: "skillie"
Quote from: "Slide"
We'll forgive you if you promise not to stand and to wave first :D  :D  :D

Ok this wave ok ?

Skillie if you go to www.advrider.com you will see that the finger is the international DS hallo salute, so  :D  :D  :)  :)

PS:  This note is from Mark as he is once again trying to infiltrate under false pretences on my computer......

Offline Watty

• RIP 29-07-2011
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki Djebel 250XC
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2007, 05:04:00 pm »
This threat is one big treat.  Keep it coming!

GS-holic

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2007, 05:06:05 pm »
Quote from: "Watty"
This threat is one big treat.  Keep it coming!

Agree hope its al in good spirit, skillie? :lol:

GS-holic

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2007, 05:10:02 pm »
OK thats me signing off - have to conquer the PE traffic.

No hard feelings Skillie :wink:

Cheers

Offline skillie

• Pack Dog
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2007, 05:10:43 pm »
4 sure

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2007, 05:23:24 pm »
To sum it all up Skillie, BMW bashing is otherwise known as 'small toti syndrome'........ :D  :D  :D
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline skillie

• Pack Dog
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2007, 05:36:49 pm »
bwouahahahahahahahahah !!!!!!!!!!

:lol:  :lol:

+1000

Offline GIDEON

• Born in the year of the Tiger
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Triumph 800 XC
  • Bikes est dans mon sang
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2007, 05:54:23 pm »
Just because we can  :twisted: it so easy  :twisted: and they fall for it all  :lol:

Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it.

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • BANNED TROLL
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2007, 05:58:35 pm »
Quote from: "GS-holic"
Precisely why BMW riders are bashed - brag-gatte "Which one would you like" never heard a KLR owner talk like that.....Maybe its just you skilly other guys can smell a nob a mile away

fixiated.

btw. i have 2 nokias, an orange, a bantam bakkie, and a shifting spanner. which one would you like?

:D

Offline Kaboef

• Jedi Knight
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
    • CFO Consult SA
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2007, 08:01:09 pm »
Bash us all you like.

I ride a BMW, I bought it because I saw Long Way Round. I like the lifestyle. I attend all the GS challenges, and I have actually once taken my bike offroad ALL ON MY OWN!

I dont greet fellow riders, I act like a d00s, and I have a all the BMW kit.

I also hate all other bike brands, and think that I have to lock my knees and arms when I stand up because it gives me better control to handle the speedbumps in my street.

I love the Lifestyle, and I am filthy rich, I can afford it.

Oyes, I always ride with my panniers and topbox on because it makes the bike look like they way Ewan's bike looked in Long Way Round.

There you have it.

Does this make all you BMW bashers, BMW riders, other riders, snob, yobs, posers, hardcore offroaders, and all other contributors happy?
Can we now end this shit and get back to discussing interesting bike related stuff?

Its getting boooooooooooring.

:?  :?  :roll:  :P
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

www.cfoconsult.co.za

Extreme Velcro

« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2007, 08:12:07 pm »
:(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :( grumble grumble mutter mutter bah humbug !!!!!

Offline Mark Hardy

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2007, 08:22:41 pm »
Quote from: "Kaboef"
Bash us all you like.

Its getting boooooooooooring.

:?  :?  :roll:  :P

+1  :3some: lets all have a group hug and check the stars out , so no more  :boxing:  and  :crybaby:  and   :bs:

So when we going for a ride again, can't wait to see the new bike in person.

Offline Kaboef

• Jedi Knight
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
    • CFO Consult SA
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2007, 08:36:20 pm »
Quote from: "Mark Hardy"

So when we going for a ride again, can't wait to see the new bike in person.

She's purdy, I dont think I'll show her to you, you will just want to look up her skirt and perv.
 :D  :D  :D
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

www.cfoconsult.co.za

Offline Mark Hardy

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2007, 08:44:11 pm »
:oops:  :oops:  oh you know me so well, but still I want to meet your new ride  :twisted:  :twisted:  :D

Offline Frik

• Puppy
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
Skillie
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2007, 10:12:42 pm »
Hello Skillie,

Calma senor, a luta non continuar - a luta terminado, completo e tudo. Paz senor, muito paz. Agorra Aqui. ( Fark it, Im rusty... :shock: )

Skillie, ons is meestal net 'n klomp ouens wat van DS bikes hou & geniet om gek te skeer met mekaar & met ons fietse te ry binne in die nerens in. .. Obviously some of us, depending if we had a K@k day at work, tend to take comments too seriously from time to time. But as Churchill said, in the morning we'd be sober, so no big deal. As long as we can laugh about it, sooner or later .

So don't let this get to you, we are not stuck in ME irrationality & welcome home....

Some WD commented in this thread that there are always 3 groups poking fun at each other, the BM's, the Katooms & the KLR's. In a way this is quite true.....

Its really fun to poke fun at the BM riders, cause normally they take themselves too seriously.... :lol:  However there are a lot of BM riders on this forum who gives as as good as they get, so its really lekker poking fun at them. And on top they are nice blokes to be with. If I had enough money, I'll have a big BM in my garage tomorrow pm. Not a fark will I wave at a Katoom screaming past... maybe reverse 2 finger salute....

On the other hand, the Katoom guys are always great to poke fun at, cause we are said to be windgatte. Ja Nee Boet. If the shoe fits...I do however think most Katoom riders have an acute, if not great sense of humour, so let us have it.!!! Ten minste is ons eerste daar & can think about it, even if that takes time.!!

On the other side there is the KLR crowd. Hmmmm, they scare me cause there are a lot of them & have such reliable bikes...In africa one never knows when one will need the next tow -in. So I'll go on record for not having said anyting negative about a KLR other than if I had enough enough money, I'd have one parked next to the BM.

So Skillie, kry lekker, ontspan & geniet dit.
(As jy 'n ysterman is, spring op jou BM en kom kuier vir ons Sondag op Uiltjie se plaas hier in Caledon.)

Offline Uiltjie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Caledon
    • http://www.goudinie.co.za
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2007, 12:10:10 am »
Ek het sommer van Page 2 na Page 6 ge-skip.

Ek het nie krag vir dieselfde k#k as laas nie....

GAAP!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...............
"Sit vis vobiscum."

Offline Big Red

• Pack Dog
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2007, 01:32:06 am »
Skillie I bought my first BMW in 1984 after national service a R90S , all my mates had Jap bikes so as you can imagine I have had to put up with a lot of crap for a long time . The best one that I heard was that BMW owners had to clean the back of there helmets because they were so slow that the insects hit us from behind . And now I know the truth a BMW rider has to be talented to get the best out of any one of the Boxers . Like they say it is not only the arrow but mostly the Indian , if you are a crap Indian
get a fancy arrow . Have fun riding and dont worry what other people think because they dont do it very often .  :D
eep it shiny side up !

Offline skillie

• Pack Dog
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2007, 08:45:46 am »
This will be my last post in this thread as I believe that it got out of hand a littlebit.

I can handle poking fun etc because of my choice of bike, I just felt that a lot of the threads really crossed the line between poking fun and atacking BMW riders personally.

What I want to advocate is a certain level of restraint when we talk about each other's personalities etc.

I am sorry if i sounded like a  crybaby here, that was not the point of the thread.

I am NOT sorry for the following :
Riding a BMW.
Enjoying it.
Not allways riding in the mud and dirt with my bike.
Standing on my footpegs whenever I feel like it.
Going to BMW only events.

So there you have it, i have come out of the closet !!!!

Offline Clockwork Orange

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2007, 09:18:23 am »
Quote from: "JourneyMan"
Quote from: "Watty"
Quote from: "JourneyMan"
KTM's are k@k bikes.

I could never understand why fine people like WD members sink so low to ride a KTM. Same goes for Honda. Suzuki as well. Oh and Kawasaki.

Hey !!! What about the Yamaha's.  What make them so special as to escape your wrath? How many Yammies in your garage? :evil4: :P  :P  :P

Such an insignificant bike I completely forgot about it. Sorry. :oops:  :D

On a more serious note:

I wonder how many members are actually "qualified" to bash different bikes? (I.t.o. actual extended riding experience on the different brands and models)

I for one are not.

My riding experience with fellow WD's over time have at least shown me that there is no basis in bashing any of the DS bikes and/or their owners.

But the pot does need a stir now and then! :lol:

Well Lito bashed his KTM, Gideon bashed his AT, and I also know of a few members that bashed their Beemers....Does that count? :D  :D

Oh yes we even had a certain member he thoroughly bashed a Landrover.....I think they are qualified :twisted:  :D  :D
When in doubt...grab throttle!!!